EMatrix plateau?

I've had 4 Ematrix treatments for acne scars, currently at my three month post procedure mark, with maybe 30% improvement in acne scarring. I am wondering if there is a point beyond which Ematrix efficacy for acne scars plateaus; for example is it worth attempting to get more than 4 treatments if 4 treatments led to minimal improvement? Alternatively, would you combine it with some other type of treatment at that point or just switch to another modality all together? Thanks!

Ematrix and Acne Scars and Number of Treatments

The success of the eMatrix is dependent on the length of time, the number of sessions, the degree of scarring, and the settings used on the machine.  There are so many factors that can not be answered based on your question and without a photo or record.  However, you can try chemical peels, microneedling with PRP and Fraxel to see if these help in conjunction with your current treatment.  Best, Dr. Green

EMarix only suited for certain scar types.

I like eMarix for general acne scar improvement, however scars should be treated upon the scar type. Below a review on eMatrix and how I use this device in my practice. For established scars, I prefer Infini RF or fractional lasers. 

Other things to consider is the power of the eMatrix machine, the overlaps and the number of pins 32 vs 64. 
All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
laser dermatologist
BRISBANE, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Consider adjunctive treatments like Obagi Blue peel or fractional lasers

It is difficult to guide you without seeing before and after pictures.

I recommend that you switch or add another modality, namely fractional lasers or microneedling with PRP. 

Another consideration is a deep Obagi Blue peel.

You can resume eMatrix aftre such treatments.

Best
Dr Karamanoukian

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon