My edges have been gone since childhood. What's the best type of hair transplant for missing temples (edges)

My hair loss is due to tight ponytail hairstyles.

If you never had hair on your temples it probably is called "triangle alopecia". It can be treated with a hair transplant proce

If you never had hair on your temples it probably is called "triangle alopecia".  It can be treated with a hair transplant procedure, Scalp MicroPigmentation, or a combination of both.  We have done this for many patients.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

You need to be examined first

Hair transplantation works best when the issue is just a "plant" problem, meaning that it is the effect of either traction or hormones that have made the hair follicle wither away.  If you have a "soil" problem as in some problem with the scalp that made you lose your hair, grafting will not work!  You need to see a good hair transplant surgeon to diagnose the problem.  Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Hairline reconstruction

Important to diagnose the cause for this initially (traction alopecia vs. areata, etc.).  Most cases can be restored well by use of FUE harvesting of follicles.  The restore the area you would require roughly 1500 grafts.

Baubac Hayatdavoudi, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Hair loss around the ears

Hair loss around the ears can be treated with either FUE or strip harvesting hair transplants very effectively

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon