Can double bubble breast be redone? How did this happen? (photos)
Doctor Answers 4
To accommodate such large implants your surgeon has had to lower your existing crease but sometimes the old crease is not entirely eliminated or re-forms over time causing a double bubble.
A small revision and a turnover flap can help this or even fat grafting but some surgery will be needed
Can Double Bubble Breast be Revised
Always contact your plastic surgeon if you have concerns about post-operative infection, bleeding, swelling, fever, excessive bruising, or any new and sudden changes in the feeling or look of your implants, breasts or incisions.
Any of the following may be post-op difficulties, about which it is best to contact your surgeon directly:
· Excessive bleeding (hematoma) and bruising
· Reduced sensation of #nipple
· Capsular contracture
· Wrinkling/rippling. Palpable and/or visible
· Firmness, and distorted appearance
· Interference with breast feeding
· Mammogram interference
· Cost for revision surgery if necessary
· Calcium deposits in the tissue around the implant
· Breast tissue atrophy/chest wall deformity
· Hypertrophic scarring
· Tissue loss Infection requiring antibiotics or implant removal
occurs when pocket is incorrectly created, this can absolutely be fixed. Going back to your surgeon is typically a good idea, but if he/she failed to recognize this was going to happen, then maybe consulting with a new plastic surgeon(s) would be a good idea
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.