To the doctors with an eye for beauty: What procedures would make me look better and younger? (Photos)

I feel my face has extra skin that needs to be reduced to make it smaller. The skin around the eyes need to be removed, full lift of the face pulled upwards (not to the sides) and the fat removed from under my chin with tightening of neck. My nose needs refining as it has gotten bigger with time.

You have great bone structure!

Hello: I think you are on the right track.  I would recommend:

1. Neck liposuction with platysmaplasty to contour the neck

2. Upper blepharoplasty + lower tranjconjunctival blepharoplasty

3. Deep plane facelift (vertical lift) 4. Endonasal (no-incision) Rhinoplasty - file down the hump and bring the tip up by 10 degrees with dome binding sutures.  The nose is slightly deviated to the right also, so that could be improved.

I think you are a particularly great candidate because you are doing it relatively early (before signs of aging are too advanced - studies show that patients who do a facelift earlier have better results that last longer), and secondly because you have such great bone structure!  Having a nice foundation helps to support the re-draping of a facelift.

Hope that helps.  Best, Dr. White

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial rejuvenation and refinement of nose

Your concerns and goals are accurate and achievable with:
  • upper eyelid lift (and possibly lower eyelids also)
  • lower face and neck lift (including vertical mid face elevation, laser assisted neck contouring and platysmaplasty)
  • rhinoplasty 
You may also want to consider options for reducing photo damage and improving skin clarity.  

J. David Holcomb, MD
Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose, face, volume

Based on your photos, you might benefit from a lower facelift/neck lift, rhinoplasty, and increased volume in areas of the midface.  Its best to see a board certified plastic or facial plastic surgeon who handles these cases all the time for a personal evaluation.

Brian K. Machida, MD, FACS
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial rejuvenation

you appear to be on the right track with the areas that can be improved. Rejuvenation in your case may include upper blepharoplasty, facelift, rhinoplasty.  I would also consider facial laser resurfacing for a polished result. Best regards. 

Sean R. Weiss, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dear mil27, A rhinoplasty to address the slight dorsal hump and tip width, an upper lid blepharoplasty to remove the excess skin in the upper eyelids and a face/necklift to lift and tighten the excess skin in your face and neck would be the procedures I would recommend. An in office examination aided with digital imaging would be able to show you how these procedures would provide a more youthful appearance. For some examples on facial rejuvenation see the link below and video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Close rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Candidate for a facelift

If you feel that your face does not reflect how young you feel on the inside, a facelift may be the solution to help you look and feel younger. During your consultation, your doctor will evaluate your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure. Based on this evaluation, he/she will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. Your doctor should make sure you have a full understanding of what results to expect.Always insist on a board certified surgeon!

To the doctors with an eye for beauty: What procedures would make me look better and younger?

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts on women in their late twenties and early thirties.  From the photos your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), and jowls are present.  These factors combine to create a rectangular shaped face.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

"Jowls” are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:
  • very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.

Face and eyelid rejuvenation and rhinoplasty

From the limited photographs, it appears that there is excess skin noted on the upper and lower lids for which an upper and lower eyelid blepharoplasty can accomplish rejuvenation of. The purpose of a lower face and neck lift is to tighten the loose facial and neck skin, tighten loose facial and neck muscles, lift the jowls, and remove the fatty deposits in the neck. A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, narrowing the tip and bridge line. For more information and many before and after results of all three surgical procedures, please see the link and the video below

Multiple procedures

Thank you for the photos and for sharing. You have outlined a number of different procedures, each of which may help in certain aspects of your appearance. Finding the right balance between procedures, downtime, and your goals can be challenging. This is best addressed in person, and I recommend that you schedule a few consultations with board-certified surgeons who specialize in the face and nose.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon