Is there a doctor that knows how to remove permanent filler from the area between the eyebrows? (photos)

More than 10 years ago a group of women met at a private residence for Botox & filler. We had no idea what the difference was bet permanent & temporary fillers at that time.

Doctor Answers 7

Injected at a private residence with unknown substance

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I don't know how this can be considered a good idea. Never get injected outside of a physicians office. The only way to remove permanent filler is surgery. My guess is that the person injecting it was not licensed in the US and stated they were famous in South America and used non FDA approved materials. There is no way to know what's in there. To others that are thinking about this, DON'T DO IT. IT CAN LEAD TO LIFE LONG PROBLEMS OR EVEN DEATH. By the way, the glabellar area is at risk of vascular occlusion and blindness, and you are very lucky neither of these complications occurred.

Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 75 reviews

Permanent Fillers

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for sharing your problem. Going to parties where "doctors" you are not familiar with is dangerous. Saving a few dollars is not worth the risk. It might be possible to remove the filler, but could lead to visually significant scarring or depressions in the skin. You should see a few doctors in person to hear a few opinions.  Good luck,

Is there a doctor that knows how to remove permanent filler from the area between the eyebrows?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Illegal filler injection from no licensed practitioners is a true problem. Removal nearly impossible and costly besides the potential of deforming...Lesson learned NEVER use non licensed doctors in a home setting. Go to MD office and be sure the doctor is boarded...BTW fee for attempted removal $5,000.

Permanent filler and between the brows....

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question.  Do you know what was injected?  Who did the injections?  Are there any medical records?  Without knowing a proper history it is difficult to give proper advice.  Please follow up with a board certified Derm/Plastics for further evaluation and management including possible kenalog injections, radiofrequency treatments, etc.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

Direct Answer

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I'm sure by this point you know it is a bad idea to get fillers from an unlicensed professional so I won't rehash that topic. To answer your question directly it is possible to find a doctor willing to remove the permanent filler (possibly silicone) placed in between your eyebrows. While it may be possible this is a risk surgery and there is no guarantee if can be removed. If it is between your eyebrows the options for removal can be a direct excision which will leave an unsightly scar or using an open rhinoplasty approach. This would leave a small scar at the base of your nose however it is an extensive surgery. Once the filler is encountered there is no guarantee it can be removed easily and even if part of it is removed it can leave an irregular appearance. I would recommend you seek a consultation so that a licensed professional can feel the irregularity however I would not hold high hopes that this issue can easily, cheaply or successfully be resolved. Best of luck!

Sagar Patel, MD
Houston Physician

Permanent filler

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
There are a number of issues here. first of all do not get injected by anyone not in a doctor's office. secondly, never let anyone put any permanent filler anywhere and as to whether it can be removed yes it can but it will take a plastic and reconstructive surgeon and will leave a scar

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 7 reviews

Permanent Filler Removal

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
This needs to be removed surgically, in some instances injections with 5FU/steroids or extraction can be performed with success.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.