Do certain doctors limit sizes and why? Or di they mostly follow what their patient wants and give an opinion?

so I'm in process to book my appointment to a clinic in Miami :D ...but here's my last concern ..I'm a 34b cup ,they are quite firm I have no kids and the result I would like seems like being around 600-650cc ..approximately what size bra would that be and is it possible that my doctor doesn't agree to give me 600-650cc and if so what would be the reason ..?! It would kinda be sad if they would cause honestly I already have a nice breast ..but I want is a big breast now !

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant.

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Any size breast implants

As discouraging as it may sound, the choice for which sizes any one person can have are not unlimited. We usually go by the width of the breast that you are born with and try and place an implant whose base width matches that of the natural base width. When you try to go a lot larger than that, in my opinion, is when you get into more problems with things such as bottoming out and thinning of overlying breast tissue. I recommend you consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area. good luck. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Size

With measurements of your chest wall and skin stretch, surgeons can come up with recommended sizes.  If these are small compared to your desires, they then use experience to determine if the size you are choosing would be right for you.  Large implants in the 600-650 range can lead to a DD to DDD cup size and may not be right for everyone.  

Breast size

Somehow women think they can go to a plastic surgeons office and request whatever size implant they want.At the end of the day you have to be able to close the incision.You can't put a gallon of milk into a quart container.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Without even posting a photo very hard to advise. The thought is you might not be a candidate if there is NOT enough room to place larger implants. Plus many boarded surgeon do not offer implants of larger size. And WHY a "clinica"? There are over 60+ boarded PSs in MIAMI.. Please seek more in person opinions. 

Picking the right implant size to achieve your goals

In terms of picking the right implants to achieve your goals, generally speaking, I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Houston, TX

Doctor's role in choosing implants

Hello, every surgeon will have their own process for helping their patients choose implants.  You may find that some are quite specific in their recommendations and will not offer to insert implants outside of a certain size range, but others may be willing to simply insert what the patient wants.

In my practice I will not insert implants that are larger than I feel are appropriate because ultimately if my patient has complications from implants that were too large for their body (sagging, pain, numbness, rippling, etc), I will likely be the person they ask to try to correct the problem.

Breast Implant Size

Hello and thanks for your question.

The decision on breast implant size is a multifactorial one.  A patient's wishes are always a major component of the decision-making process.  Most patients come to the office with an idea of what size or what "look" they are going for.  Whereas some want a more natural appearance, others are looking for a much more significant volume increase.  Surgeons have many tools at their disposal today to reliably quantify an implant size.  Using external sizing systems or 3D imaging systems have greatly enhanced the surgeon and patient's ability to preoperatively decide on a narrow range of sizes and eliminate some of the guesswork.  I like using both of these techniques as I feel it puts more control in the patient's hands such that we both feel comfortable in understanding the patient's specific wishes.  Although important, the patient's desired size must be weighted with other factors to achieve the best result possible.  Specifically, the patient's anatomy - height, breast width, skin laxity, skin thickness, degree of sagging or ptosis - impact the decision on implant size.  For example, a patient who is a size 32A and who has very tight skin is likely not a likely candidate for large volume augmentation. 

Finally, to address bra size.  This is a very common question asked by patients.  Unfortunately there is no reliable way to equate cc to a change in cup size.  This is because a woman's chest may be wider and taller and therefore able to accommodate different volumes without changes in cup size.  In my opinion, this is where 3D imaging technology and external sizers again play a key role to predict the final look.  

Hope this helps! I know it's a lot of information.  Good luck!

Breast Implant Sizing

You would benefit from 3D imaging to help see what the size would look like in you. On the computer, you can visualize what a certain size would look like in you. A picture is worth a thousand words.
Depending on your skin stretch, there is a limit to how large you can go in one surgery

Dimensional Planning and Pre-op op breast anatomy/appearance important in #breastaugmentation results!

Focus on the look not the cc or cup size. Pateint's often regret deicisions based on extraneous factors as you may end up with suboptimal result. Bra's vary from store to store, and cc's mean nothing in isolation. You should be measured during your consult and offered implants within a 5mm window of those measurements in multiple styles. For what's its worth, in my experience a dimensionally sound mod+ profile tends to go from an A+/B- to the magical full C or small D. A high profile (or SRF) would be about 100ccs larger to maintain the same base width and more like a Full D but VS will call it a DD or DDD, particularly in a 32-34. Ultimately, try on the different styles and look in the mirror. When you see the look you like, in your case, I'm assuming something a bit more natural looking, pick that style! This requires a consult, exam, measurements and sizing with a board certified plastic surgeon. My patients select the implant style and their chest dimensions dictate the number of cc's. I make specific recommendations to each and every of the augmentation patients I see annually based on: 1) dimensional planning 2) expressed goals 3) amount and quality of tissue to hide the implant. I have included a link with my explaination of the different implants and what to expect from your consult as well as hundreds of before and after photos to see what change implants of a particular size deliver. Best of luck. #drfeldman #BancroftFeldman #breastaugmentation #sugarlandtX #houstonTX