Desperate. Crying, with strong headache and depression because small breast implants. TOO SMALL. (photos)

They don't look like a C cup. I choose a board certified surgeon. I did breast augmentation transaxillary incision. I told my surgeon that I want them as big as possible but not exagerated. We agreed in a C cup. However, I'm so sad because I don't know what he did. He put me 275cc and now my breast look so small. I'm so worry because I did transaxillary incision because I can't have a scar on my breast and I don't know if I have to make other surgery I will need other incision. And I paid 8,500 USD and I have no money.

Post op BA

Hi and thanks for the question and photos. I'm sorry that you're unhappy with your operation. Looking at your photos it appears that you are relatively early in the post op period. Your breasts have to stretch and form after your procedure to achieve the size that you want. It takes at least 8-12 weeks for your breasts to take shape. So try to be patient and reassess with your surgeon at that point. Best of Luck - Dr Hardy...

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Breasts

Thank you for your questions and pictures.  Well, from the look of things, it looks like you are very early in the post operative period and still need to recover.  As the skin stretches, you may notice that your breasts will appear bigger, although I have to agree that 275 may be a little too small to make a C cup.  However, I urge you to wait at least 3 months, without too much distress and then see what the results are. 

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Post op

you need to relax and give it time. I don't see a height and weight but your implants look tight . this will settle with time.  what do you mean you cant have a scar on your breast? do you mean that you don't want one?  stay in touch with your surgeon. if you are unhappy he will probably give you the best deal.  lastly I guarantee you will be a c at Victoria's secret when it is all done

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Too Small

It is still very early in your recovery.  As your swelling subsides, especially around your cleavage, the implants will begin to look fuller and settle.  Your skin looks very tight and your frame is small, so you would want to be very cautious about going any larger.  Give it some time before you decide they are too small.  

Small breast implants. TOO SMALL

Thank you for the question and photos.. They still swollen and need to settle. Give it some time and keep contact with your PS. 

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Desperate, small breast implants.

Sorry to hear you´re concerned about your surgery results. I must be probably to early to see the final result of your breast augmentation. Healing after plastic surgery is a process and the earlier parts are the most challenging.  Emotions are a big part of the process as well.  The final stage of a breast augmentation happens around 3 months after the surgery which is when everything settles. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Desperate. Crying, with strong headache and depression because small breast implants. TOO SMALL.

WOW! Paying that much!! Did you not seek a few in person evaluations with other boarded PSs in MIAMI? The average fee in Miami for silicone is $5,000 - $6,000. Best to seek in person second opinion. Yes 275 cc to small you needed 350 cc +. Sorry

Wait for some time

The final shape of your breasts will start to look its best approximately three (3) months after surgery. It takes time for the skin and muscle to stretch and relax around the new implant. The breast will often look higher, firmer, and "less natural" in the first three (3) months. It can take up to a year to see your final result.

Too small after breast augmentation…

I'm sorry to hear about the concerns you are experiencing after breast surgery. Given that you are very fresh out of surgery, it is quite likely that you are experiencing significant “emotional ups and downs” unnecessarily. You should be aware that a significant percentage of patients at your stage of recovery will feel that they are too big or (more commonly) too small. I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image. 

In other words, it is much too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed; your breasts will undoubtedly change over the course of the next several weeks/months.   The vast majority of patients with your concerns at your stage in the recovery process, turn out to be much happier two to three months after the procedure was performed.

For example, many of my patients report that as the swelling around the breast implants (for example, in the sternal area) decreases, they feel that their breasts appear more projecting. Also, in my opinion, the "drop and fluff” phenomenon does hold some validity; as breast implants “settle”, many patients feel that their breasts actually look larger. 

Although online consultants cannot predict whether or not you will be pleased with the long-term outlook, of the procedure performed, it is safe to predict that the breasts will change. Do your best to stay emotionally even keeled. I would suggest continued patience and continued close follow-up with your plastic surgeon. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with longer-term regardless of the specific cup size achieved.

Too Soon to Tell

Hello Rosaura10, I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this emotional turmoil. Every surgeon uses a different angle when working with patients to determine what size implants will give them the outcome they want. I am a fan of The Rice Test and "Wish For" photos from patients. I have no idea what was the method your surgeon used or what took place, but I can say it is too early to tell what your final outcome will be. When you say you agreed on a "C" cup, this can't be. Implants don't come in cup sizes and your surgeon would have to at the least reviewed the range of sizes (in cc's) he would use to achieve the outcome  you wanted. You then would have to have given him some direction other than, a "C" cup. This is arbitrary and not accurate when determining implant size. What is important is how much actual volume makes you happy. What I fear here is that you asked for what you got, but what you got was not what you were expecting in your head. It happens all the time. I would recommend meeting with the doctor at your next follow up and voicing your concerns. The soonest they will likely do a revision and go larger is after 6 months. The second go-round make sure how much volume you're asking for. Forget about cup sizing. It will only lead to disappointment like we're seing now. So sorry. Be patient and let your breasts heal and change to their final shape over the next few months. You may be pleasantly surprised. Best of luck to you.

William Aiello, MD