Every day I cry about my breasts... I feel like there is something wrong with them? (photos)

I have mild tuberous breasts and I've been scouring this website to see girls with my same deformity and their boobs just don't look anything like mine. I have absolutely nothing down at the lower pole of my breast and all the fullness is at the top of my breast and my nipples point downward and are super low. I already know I'm going to need a revision... I really dislike my breasts and this is something I wanted to fix for so long and it still hasn't been fixed. I know there is a solution...

Every day I cry about my breasts.

Thank you for the question and the photograph. At 1 week post op you are in the early phase of healing. During this time it is not unusual that your breasts appear swollen, tight, and the implants are high. Over the ensuing months these processes will subside and the inflammatory process will give way to scar softening and remodeling. The swelling will start to abate and the breast tissue will relax and accommodate allowing the implants to settle into their desired position. This will allow the breast to take on their desired appearance and feel. Be patient, these processes may occur at differing rates so that the breasts may not necessarily "settle" at the same time. I tell my patients that they will not see their results for at least 3-6 months. I hope this helps. Best wishes.

Too Early

At one week post op it is far too early to judge your results. With breast augmentation final results are typically seen at 3-6 months post op. Over the course of the next few weeks and months your appearance will likely change and improve. Please be patient and express your concerns with your plastic surgeon. 

F. Mark Owsley, MD
Coeur d'Alene Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Recovery

Hang in there! As long as the shape and feel are improving week to week, however slowly, there is still hope for the final outcome. Ask you plastic surgeon if there are any compression garments, stretches or massaging exercises that can help speed your recovery.

Unhappy with breast implant

Sorry that you are unhappy with your breasts.
However, you are very early in your healing phase.
You have swelling and high-riding implants.
As implant settle down in their pocket, the shape/appearance of breasts will improve.  Over time, the distance from your nipple to IMF will increase.
Please allow at least 6 months to see the outcome of the surgery.
Be patient and follow up with your plastic surgeon.
Best regards.

Be patient

I know it's frustrating to not see your ideal results immediately, but you are still in the infancy of your recovery. You need to give your body time to heal. It can take anywhere from 3-6 months for this to happen and for your implants to drop/settle. If, at that time, you are still unhappy then speak with your surgeon re: revision options. But for now, keep the faith. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Every day I cry about my breasts... I feel like there is something wrong with them?

You are very early in the recovery process. I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image. It may take this period of time for the breast to soften and for the breast implants to settle ("drop and fluff").
From the physiological standpoint, it takes many months ( and even up to one year) to see the final results of surgery. factors such as swelling, tissue contraction, skin redraping, implant shifting etc. come into play.
From the psychological standpoint, patients undergo an “adaptation period" during which time they get used to the changes that the surgical procedure has brought about. Severe emotional swings can also occur after any type of surgical procedure.
In your case, I would suggest continued patience and continued close follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

One week

Patience.  Implants that are high riding take up to 3 months, sometimes longer, to drop.  This does not occur in a week. Plenty of women with nice results when all the healing is done have early appearance not unlike I see in the posted photo.

All the best. 

It's going to bet much better.

Hello, you are very very early in this process. It will take months for your breast to settle and and soften. You are going to look much better 6 months from now than you do today. I would try to be patient. 

I'm sorry you are unhappy with your breasts, but like the other feedback you have gotten it is still very early to see any significant difference in the placement of the implant. For many it takes up to 3 months and for some 6 months for the implants to really settle in to their ideal position. I would tell you to continue to be patient. Continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon and let them know your concerns. Hopefully they can reassure you that you healing properly and with time you will have the appearance that you were hoping for.

Warm Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast augmentation

It can take several months for the breasts to settle. Best to give it a lot more time than just one week.