Can I correct chin line ? I tried filling and wound up with a white line across my chin and the line did not go away. (photos)

Is the deep line in my chin something I can correct with Botox ?

Botox for the chin

Thank you for your question Snipit. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. In the lower face a small amount of Botox can be placed in the mentalis muscle on the chin to help with dimpling there. Deeper creases can be addressed with fillers. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Botox and dermal filler for deep chin line

Thank you for sharing your question and photo. The horizontal line across your chin is very deep. It probably requires a combination of Botox and dermal filler to soften it. See an experienced injector to achieve the best results. Good luck.

Chin and Fillers

The wrinkle on your chin is very deep and will require a combination of a dermal filler and a small amount of Botox.  Botox alone would not help with this crease.  Best, Dr. Green

Can I correct chin line ? I tried filling and wound up with a white line across my chin and the line did not go away.

Thank you for sharing your photograph.  Based on the appearance of your chin line, I would recommend you try dermal filler placement to the line and surrounding tissues to help improve the overall appearance.  The filler can be used to lessen the depths of the crease, while adding volume to the surrounding tissues will help camouflage the crease further.  Hope this helps.

Botox For Chin

Botox works by weakening the muscles that cause wrinkles. Based on your goals, you may want to consider a combination of both Botox and a dermal filler. Injected dermal filler focus on restoring volume and rejuvenating the look of your features.

I recommend you book a consultation with a qualified injector, to ensure you're a good candidate for this procedure.

Take care.

Correct mental crease with Botox

Thank you for asking about your Botox.

• Botox may help if the cause is the mentalis muscle.
  • It often can become overactive as we age - because the bone around it changes.
  • I suggest a consultation with a plastic surgeon and a trial of Botox - if muscle hyperactivity appears to be the cause.
  • If not, it is possible the chin needs structural support and a small extended chin implant is needed - your plastic surgeon will be able to advise you.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Without complete set of photos-and a physical exam- it's difficult to comment accurately. I would consider after evaluation- the possibility of a face and neck lift- n conjunction with an aggressive treatment of this area. You may be a candidate for a custom chin implant in combination with fillers to achieve your goal.

Chin line

Thank you for the question.   Chin creases and lines can be somewhat difficult to treat.  Belotero or Restylane Silk can be injected very superficially.   Adding some additional volume below the crease will also help.   Juvederm would probably be my first choice.   Additionally, a small amount of Botox could also help.  

Joseph Franklin, MD
Durham Plastic Surgeon

Maybe with a combination treatments of surgical local anesthesia release the intra-dermal banding with a NoKor needle, HA fillers or fat grafts(prefer fat) plus microBotox injections. Fee is $3,000.

How to correct a deep chin crease

From the picture I would suggest a combination approach but filling not only the crease itself, but by revolumizing the area around the chin with Radiesse to support it and draw attention away from it.  Also using a small amount of Botox to reduce the muscle action of the mentalis (chin) muscle which would lesson the crease as well.

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon