CoolSculpting or SmartLipo? (photos)

I had lipo on abs years ago. Fat was lwft on upper abs. CoolSculpting wpuld be best because i would need no incision. But if smartlipo is best due to amount of fat and loose skin where wohld be the best site for incision? I visited doctors they all say different. One says traditonal lipo through the belly button n the other smartlipo through the rib area of the skin. One says smartlipo will tighten skin and traditonal wont tighten skin n leave saggy skin.

CS vs smart lipo

In my experience, smart lipo does not deliver on the skin-tightening promises.  Go see a plastic surgeon to discuss which procedure is best for you.

Coolsculpting vs. liposuction

Although your photo is helpful, you need an in-person evaluation. If the skin and fat can be lifted away from the ribs, then CoolSculpting should be a consideration and bearing in mind that the cost of doing two sessions should be less than doing liposuction.

Liposuction, whether Smart Lipo or traditional, can have great results in the area as long as your skin does not have widespread stretch marks. If your skin is of good quality, skin tightening after liposuction will happen regardless of whether it is traditional or Smart Lipo.

Deborah Pan, MD
New Haven Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

The advantage of CS is that its non-surgical.  No needles, no downtime.  You will first begin to see results as early as 3-4 weeks and then continually out 3-4 months after treatment. The process takes time due to the nature in which CoolSculpting works. Once your fat cells are frozen (dead) they are excreted through your lymphatic system. This is a natural process and your body is already fully equipped to handle the destroyed fat cells and remove them.

Coolsculpting and liposuction

I appreciate your question.
Most likley coolsculpting would be a great treatment for this area. But please see a plastic surgeon that offers all modlaites .

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Coolsculpting for fat bulge

Coolsculpting in the hands of a skilled dermatologist could get rid of those bulges. It would be completely noninvasive and painless. Best, Dr. Green

Residual fat on upper abdopmen after liposuction years ago--Coolsculpting or Smartlipo?

It's less about the choice of machine than choice of surgeon utilizing it. (That's also why you will get different opinions form different doctors, whose personal experience with these choices may be different.)

Smartlipo incisions are smaller than most mole removal scars, and are very inconspicuous, especially if location is chosen carefully.

Coolsculpting is non-invasive, but will likely yield more subtle results and require more than one treatment, though that is also possible with Smartlipo.

You are not talking about lots of fat removal, nor are you likely to have "saggy skin" with traditional lipo either--looks like this surgeon is trying to steer you towards Smartlipo, where the degree of actual skin tightening is minimal as well. Traditional lipo relies on the elasticity of your skin to retract, not on the thermal tightening of the Smartlipo laser on the underside of the dermis. Done poorly, Smartlipo can cause burns or retracted scarring, so there are pros and cons to all of these options.

Hence, the return to my original advice: this is more about choice of surgeon than choice of machine or modality. So choose carefully and ask about multiple steps, as well as what the redo or touch-up policy and costs are. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting or SmartLipo?

If you're lookimg for something that is completely noninvasive, CoolSculpting is the way to go. Based on that photo, I think using the CoolCore on either side of your upper abdomen will give you a nice change. If minimally invasive is what you are looking for and you do feel as though you have loose skin, SmartLipo will tighten as well. Make sure to consult in-person with a board-certified plastic surgeon to ensure the best outcome. Good luck!