CoolSculpting for minimally fat arms? How much fat is needed on the arms for this procedure? (Photo)

I am not petite and have naturally muscular arms. Over the muscle is a thin layer of fat, which I can not afford to have since I already have too much arm mass. I can barely pinch any fat on the arm, but would benefit by having even the smallest bit removed. Can I still get coolsculpting if it is difficult to grip the fat? How much fat is needed, before coolsculpting is recommended for treatment of the arms?

CoolSculpting Arms

Of course you would need to be seen in consultation, but CoolSculpting works through a  vacuum like instrument.  You would need to have a substantial amount of fat/tissue to fit the suction device.  If there is not a good vacuum seal, the system will not work.  I would recommend seeking consultation.

Pleasanton Plastic Surgeon

How much is needed for Coolsculpting treatment

The coosculpting treatment uses suction to draw fat into an applicator in order for it to be properly treated. If there is not enough fat to pinch, then this treatment would not be effective since the fat is not in direct contact with the treatment plate which is inside the applicator. 

Arm treatments with CoolSculpting

CoolSculpting will only remove fat cells. If your muscle is all you can feel in your arm, it is probably not going to change your arm size appreciably, since CoolSculpting does not remove muscle. Get a consult. Best Wishes, Maurice Vick MD

Maurice M. Vick, Jr., MD
Baton Rouge Urologist

Cool sculpting

You need an in person examination and consultation to determine if you are a good candidate for Cool sculpting. Seek an experienced clinic. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Arm Liposuction, Skin Tightening -- VASER HI DEF +/- Thermi; Sculptra Injections, Thermage

I find that VASER and thermi do best to this area, but coolsculpting and sculpsure can be done with some improvement if you do not want surgery.  Best, Dr. Emer.

CoolSculpting Arm Fat

CoolSculpting can work well to reduce arm fat in the appropriate candidates. The picture you posted does not show enough to determine whether the treatment would be appropriate for you. You should have an in-person consultation and evaluation by an experienced CoolSculpting provider.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Fat and arms and Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting works very well for the arms and you appear to be a good candidate.  Please consult a specialist in Coolsculpting for the best results.  Best, Dr. Green