Cool sculpting vs liposuction?

I want to ask how do I know that if I do a cool-sculpting procedure that after three months (twelve weeks) the fat would be removed where the applicator was placed on my body to freeze the fat on that one section of the body? Also, after the procedure with cool-sculpting every-time I go to the bathroom the fat would be leaving my body, but it would take time after I see real or big changes to my body?

Seeing Your CoolSculpting Results

The clearest way to tell whether you've had a successful CoolSculpting procedure with fat loss is to take before-and-after photos. Photos taken with you standing in the same position should be a clear illustration of your results. Most of my patients see a visible change that is clear to them in the mirror, and their clothes often fit differently, as well. Final results usually take about 2 to 4 months. With liposuction, results are immediate, but you have to wait for swelling to fade, plus the surgical procedure is less convenient and cost-effective than CoolSculpting. Still, it creates excellent results. Thanks for your questions.

Changes after CS

It takes a couple months to see peak effect of Coolsculpting.  Before and after pictures are really helpful to see the change.
Hope that helps,
Dr. N

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

CoolSculpting vs lipo

CoolSculpting is non-invasive and FDA approved to reduce fat through cryolipolis, also known as “fat freezing.” CoolSculpting targets and kills fat cells without damaging surrounding tissue; it is a safe and effective procedure. The only way you know for sure that it works is to make sure that you have the procedure done at a reputable practice with a real CoolSculpting machine, not a knock-off. Make sure to do your research and find a practice with board-certified, experienced doctors. After a CoolSculpting procedure, you can expect a fat reduction of around 20% after three months. If you want further reduction, you can have a second treatment after that time.

Liposuction is more invasive and will require a longer amount of recovery time than CoolSculpting, but often you can get more dramatic results after just one treatment. I recommend visiting a board-certified dermatologist with experience in body contouring to determine which treatment is better to help you reach your goals.

William Groff, DO
San Diego Dermatologist

Understanding coolsculpting

The first thing to understand is that you will not be seeing the fat come out in the toilet! Coolsculpting works by freezing the fat cells which destroys them.  It takes about 6 weeks for your body to absorb the destroyed contents of the fat cells.  That is why you start to see the results about 4 - 6 weeks after coolsculpting and see more at 2 - 3 months.  It is not a sudden but instead a gradual change.  Depending on the number of applicators you need to contour and slim your body, the treatments may be done over a few hours on one day or separated by weeks.  If you want to see all your results at once and to make sure as much fat as can be removed is gone, then choose liposuction.  Liposuction is done by manually removing the fat so when you leave the doctor's operating room, you are leaving your fat there.
I hope this answer was helpful.
Wishing you the best of luck.

Heidi A. Waldorf, MD

Results with Coolsculpting

The best way to know if you are a good candidate for Coolsculpting is to have an in office consultation with a provider.  If you are trying to compare Coolsculpting and Liposuction procedures, you would be best served by seeing a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that does both procedures and could tell you about both.  The fat in the areas that are treated with Coolsculpting is not eliminated completely. About 20-25% of the fat cells in the treatment area are effected, so multiple treatments may be needed for your optimal results. Changes will occur gradually over weeks to months following treatment but the fat will not be continually leaving your body for months while those changes occur.

Grant Stevens, MD

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
Coolsculpting is a great non-invasive procedreu to remove about 20-25% from an area. It may need more than one treatment to get the goal you desire
Liposuction is a surgery, but it does remove more than 25% 

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Coolsculpting versus Liposuction

Coolsculpting and liposuction are both ways to remove fat from your body. Coolsculpting is noninvasive and uses your body's natural mechanisms to dispose of the fat cells. Liposuction on the other hand physically removes the fat cells from your body by taking them out. Both are good options for body contouring, although liposuction would be considered the gold standard. I would consult your doctor to see what option is best for you. Best of luck.

David P. Rapaport, MD

Coolsculpting versus Liposuction

Coolsculpting is a very successful non-invasive way to remove a bulge in a given area.  Coolsculpting is the gold standard for reducing fat in that area.  Best to find an experienced dermatologist with expertise with Coolsculpting for the best results.