I'm not sure if this if considered sagging or not. (photos)

I really don't want to have to get a lift. I read that I could get high profile implants or larger implants. could this fix most of the problem. I have about $6,000 set aside. And what I've ready that's not enough for both. But aside from money I don't like the idea of a lift. I really would like to get some opinions. Or could I get implants and the following year get a lift.

Hi. I don't think any woman wants additional scars. However, IMHO you will need a breast lift with additional scars. You may be able to get away with a circumareolar (so called Benelli) lift. A simple breast augmentation will not make you happy and the nipples will continue to look down even more. It looks like you may be borderline. Your breasts are very full and I question the need for an implant. However, that can only be determined by an exam.I am certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and have practiced in the"land of breast implants", Miami, for the past 29 years. I encourage you to look up the surgeon you eventually select and make sure they have years of experience in performing cosmetic breast surgery. Furthermore request to see before and after photos of previous patients by that doctor....not a clinic or surgery center. Do your homework......research and verify the doctor's credentials. Have they had problems with the Board of Medicine, disciplinary or otherwise. Any law suits?

How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations, If you have kids, even more so.

How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgery, no matter how simple it may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications.

I wish you the best on your journey. I hope that the info provided has been helpful. Should you require any further clarification, do not hesitate to contact our institute. I answer all questions personally, not through patient coordinators or other marketing individuals.

In our office we use TouchMD which is a web based program in which patients have the ability to load their picture unto the program. I then evaluate them and can actually draw on the picture to show a potential patient where the incisions would be located and how the procedure is to be realized. It's all done to comply with HIPPA which is the federal law that protects the patient's medical information. Look them up. Dr. PG

Breast ptosis

It depends on your expectations.  Implants will make your breasts look fuller however they will not lift your breasts.  Since your nipples are already low and since an attractive breast has a nipple that's located at or very near the point of maximum projection of the breast, the only way to accommodate the implant having it centered behind the breast is to place the implant lower on the chest (called dropping the fold).  It can be successful on occasion in creating a fuller and tighter looking breast but certainly NOT higher since implants don't really lift.  Consider also that a tall person with a long torso can tolerate this maneuver better than a shorter person with a short torso since then it would make the distance between the bottom of your breasts and your belly button even shorter!  If you're dead set against a lift, consider form stable implants )gummy bear) since these give you the highest projection at the lower pole of the breast which is where you need it most to improve the aesthetic proportions of your breast. You would need to be seen in order to take the appropriate measurements. Consider always consulting a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in aesthetic breast surgery and only plan to undergo your operation in a fully accredited surgical center.

Breast Lift

Hello,Thank you for the question and photos. Because of your nipple position It appears that you would benefit from a breast lift in order to elevate the nipples higher on the breast mound. You could do this with or without breast implants. I recommend that you meet with a board certified Plastic Surgeon in person to discuss your goals and best options for you.
All the best

Mastopexia without implants

Thanks for submitting your photos.
In your case a mastopexia surgery will be enough and you will not need any implants.
Also I would like to offer you a tummy tuck surgery together with liposuction for your abdomen and love handles.This will help you to get rid of your ctria.
Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.
Good Luck

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants +/- lift

Hi - your nipples appear to sit at or just below the level of your fold, thus YES I believe you have enough sag that implants alone won't correct.  An implant needs to be placed on your chest above your fold.  This will tend to give you fullness higher up on your chest than where your breasts currently sit.  I would recommend a combined lift with implants.  The other option is to get implants only, with the awareness that your breasts will be bigger but out of a bra will not look fantastic.  Then get a lift later on, should you wish.  Have a consultation with a plastic surgeon to discuss your expectations and the exact possibilities for you.

Kim Taylor, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and implants, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 450ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Lift versus implant

No implant will fix your ptosis. Do not let any charlatan doctor convince you otherwise. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon. beware of false promises.

Do I need a lift

Thank you for your question.  You do appear to need a lift.  Implants will not make your areola's any higher even if you get high profile implants.  An augmentation will make your breasts go out, but not up.   If you want to be perkier you should consider a lift.   It is always better to do a lift and an augmention at the same time for recovery and for financial reasons.  You should have an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options and your expectations to see what the best plan is for you.
Dr. Hisham Seify

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

I'm not sure if this if considered sagging or not.

Thank you for your question and photographs.  It appears that you do have some mild sagging to your breast tissue and nipples.  Implants alone will only increase your overall breast size and volume and if you do not mind the current position of your nipples and areola you can forego the lift and have it performed later down the line due to worsening sagging.  Hope this helps.

Just implants or implants and a lift?

Thank you for sharing your photos and question. You have mild drooping with the nipple appearing a bit low on the breast mound. Breast implants alone will not correct this (though you are right, with large implants you will see a small lift in the nipple areolar complex it will not be enough to get yours in the right place) and I wouldn't recommend choosing your size based upon the amount of lift you are desiring. Depending upon your physical exam and general health, you would likely benefit from a circumareolar (around the areola) lift with or without implants. You could certainly stage the procedures, though it is generally less expensive to have them together (because of the anesthesia and OR time). Some plastic surgeons offer financing through Care Credit and other organizations and this may also be an option for you. I would recommend having a consultation so that you can get specific recommendations and pricing- it will make it easier to know how much you need and what the best plan is. Good luck! Dr. Meghan Nadeau, Seattle, WA

Meghan Nadeau, MD