Concerned about being over weight for Brazilian Butt Lift to achieve desired results? (Photos)

What weight would and BMI would be ideal for maximum results. I want a flat tummy, roll free back, a plump butt and curvy hips? Do I honestly need to lose weight? How much? My surgury for a Brazillian Butt Lift is less than month away. I weight in at 187 pounds at 5'3" and my BMI 33. Am concerned that I will achieve the results I want or could achieve. My surgury is in Miami and the max of fat that can be removed in 4 liters. I do not want to do round 2 BBL.

Thank you for your question and photograph.I recommend that my patients have a BMI of 30 or less to have the best and safest results. In my opinion, if you are investing all this time and money into cosmetic surgery, I would continue to lose the weight until you are in a healthy BMI range. It is important to remember to live a healthy, balanced lifestyle through diet and exercise, even after surgery for best results and to reduce your chance of health related issues. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Concerned over being over weight?

Ideal candidates are at a stable weight,  in good health , and have excess fat in some parts of the body and too little in other regions.  Gaining weight before the procedure is to no advantage and when you lose weight again the fat cells will shrink just like the donor site fat cells.  Typically, the transferred fat results in a significant increase in volume of the body site being treated.