Capsular contracture? (Photo)

Hi. Please help me to understand. I am 18 day post op ... i had hematoma on may left boob but is gone.... now i see a malformation. I was reading a lot and this seems to be a capsular contracture. Please see the picture and tell what you think and if massage can help or just surgery. Thank you

Capsule

You appear to have a scar contracture under the areola on that side.  Massage is the best course of action at this time.  Your surgeon may also consider a steroid injection.  If not improvement, surgery to remove the scarred tissue may be necessary. 

Capsular contracture?

Thank you for your question. The short answer is that it is too early to have a capsular contraction.

I'm sorry to hear you had a hematoma on your left breast. Hematomas can be responsible for future capsular contractions but it takes more time for this to occur. 

A capsular contraction is actually an exaggerated response of the healing process. All Implants have a capsule; a thin membrane that surrounds them. It is when this membrane gets thicker and contracts that it is then called a capsular contraction. This process may take up to several months.

The malformation on your left breast seems more to do with the suturing of the breast tissue then anything else. It is very early in your healing process and this should get better with time. Massages will help address the depression on your scar and help avoid any subsequent capsular contraction as well.

If this depression doesn't get better a scar revision might be necessary.

Best of luck on your recovery.
Dr. Miguel Mota

Miguel Mota, MD

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
Its too early to talk about final results.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Hematoma post op

Everyone will get a capsule especially after a hematoma.The key is to keep the breast SOFT and not let it get hard.Massage can help.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Capsular contracture?

Bleeding from a hematoma causes the body's reaction to the irritant of the blood by forming fibrosis of the pocket leading to a capsular contractor as has happened here. Only surgical revision can effect an improvement. I also might recommend larger implant and/or fat grafting. 

Capsular contracture?

At only 18 days post op you are very early in the healing process. Allow yourself 3 months for the implants to settle and swelling to subside. At 18 days post op you do not have a capsular contracture. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD