What can I do to help with the burning, itching and soreness on my stomach? (Photo)

I just had the cool sculpture procedure on April 1,2016 on the 3 areas of my stomach. I'm just very concerned because I'm still very numb. Also itchy and have some burning and sorness. I've put ice packs on it which it seems to help. but when I take it off I still hurt.

What can I do to help with the burning, itching and soreness on my stomach?

Thank you for your question. We recommend that our patients wear compression garments and may try icing or heating for the mild discomfort associated with this procedure. Any side effects should subside within two weeks. Best wishes.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. These symptoms can be normal after CoolSculpting. I would recommend speaking to your provider about some tips to help you with your recovery. There are some medications your physician may suggest to help. All the best. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Pain After Coolsculpting

This can be improved with numberous medications, please speak to your physician for the options.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Burning, Itching and Soreness after Coolsculpting

The symptoms you are experiencing are normal after Coolsculpting. These symptoms usually last up to two weeks and then subside. Wearing some type of compression in the area can help with comfort. 

Landon Pryor, MD, FACS
Rockford Plastic Surgeon

Soreness after CoolSculpting

These are all normal expectations after CoolSculpting.  You'll notice bending down to reach something may feel really sore. Some patients feel relieved after wearing compression garments or even yoga pants.  What you're feeling is all part of your body responding to the treatment. There is no clinical evidence that OTC anti-inflammatory  drugs will affect the results of your treatment. However, check in with your physician if you are unsure of what to do next.

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting Pain

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing some discomfort! You may apply ice on and off to the areas to relieve some of the pain. Another great option is to contact your coolsculpting provider for ways that they can help relieve some of your discomfort. Best of luck!

David P. Rapaport, MD