Bump in my mouth after labiaplasty surgery? (photo)

I am taking Vicodin es 7.5-300mg, cephalexin 500mg and also prescribed ondansetron odt 8mg although I have not started drinking that because I don't feel any nausea. I want to know why I have this bump in my mouth I got labiaplasty yesterday. & What should I do? Sorry for this picture.

Aphthous Ulcer

This could be an aphthous ulcer, or small ulcer in the mouth that can result from stress. It could also be trauma from a breathing tube or oral airway. I usually perform my labiaplasty surgeries under IV sedation with no breathing tube, or local anesthesia with oral sedation. 

Bump in my mouth after labiaplasty surgery?

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your oral bump development.  Most commonly small trauma to the gums, tongue, or back of the throat occurs with the use of a breathing tube during surgery and this should resolve spontaneously over the next 3-5 days.  Be sure to let your surgeon know about this during your follow up appointment

Sore in my mouth after hospital labiaplasty

There are many minor/short term and occasional long-term complications from General ("asleep") anesthesia, which is why I choose to perform most all my LP procedures in the office under the comfort of "local" anesthesia. In your case, the mouth issue is most likely the result of the "anesthetic tube." If it's not considerably better by tomorrow, contact your surgeon.

Michael P Goodman, MD
Davis, CA, USA

Bump in your mouth after labiaplasty?

If you had general anesthesia and were intubated, then I would suspect this might have been a consequence of the intubation process and is likely a bruise that will resolve soon. If not, mention it to your surgeon for evaluation.