Did my breast sag after Breast Augmentation? (photos)

Hello! I am currently 2 months post op from a breast augmentation. I instantly loved my b.a. results, but now I find myself wearing push up bras and not really excited about how my breast look. Did they sag to much? What caused this?

Implant settling?

Greetings. The photos seem to show the progression of your breast implants settling and as a result your breasts have expanded the breast tissue. This is not sagging. You have a nice overall result but you can talk to your PS about these concerns in greater detail in the office. All implants settle but perhaps in the distant future changing to a textured shell might be an option. Good luck, Dr. Aldo

Sagging after BBA

Thanks for your question. your implants have dropped and have what we call a "bottomed out" appearance.
This is when more of the implant is sitting below the nipple than above it and can be due to large implant and poor support in the lower part of the breast. They will not go back up on their own I am afraid and so best to see your PS and discuss.

best wishes 

Gerard Lambe, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Sagging after Breast Augmentation

Thank you for the photos. From the pictures you seem to have a natural progression for a breast augmentation over time with the fullness of the breast from the implant decreasing and lower pole fulness increasing. When the fullness in the bottom goes beyond what is expected the lower pole of the breast stretches out and you get what we call bottoming out. You can follow that by your nipples starting to point upwards. When patients get large volume implants and have thin tissues that tends to occur more often. If it stretches to an extent were the do not look to your liking a revision will be required. 

Good luck!

Drop & Fluff

It appears as though your implants have settled low. As your body accommodates to your new implants, you’ll notice that your breasts will gradually look more and more natural – the way you hoped they’d be! Over the course of about three to four months, your body creates new skin to accommodate the additional volume of your implants. This natural process is called “tissue expansion”, and relieves the tightness you may be experiencing. It allows for the implants to settle more into a better position with the help of gravity. A gradual redistribution of volume from the upper to the lower breast occurs, resulting in an enlargement and rounding out of the lower breast.

Although it’s often called “dropping”, it is more like “redistribution”. The “fluffing” part refers to the impression that the lower breast enlarges and that your skin softens with the creation of new tissues. The extent to which this occurs depends on several factors, including the implant size, the tightness of your skin, and your body shape.

Should you be concerned, I'd recommend booking a follow-up appointment with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. 

All the best. 

Sagging breasts?

No, they are not sagging. The change is the natural change that occurs over the first year as the tissues adapt to the implants. Without seeing your pre-op photos it is impossible to know whether this is an expected result considering your natural anatomy.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Sagging post BA

Thank you for your question and providing photos. Based on the photos I do not believe your breasts are sagging. The lower pole is stretching out and your implants may settle a little low. I would discuss your concerns with your PS. Best of luck

The result appears very very good. The swelling in the upper poles has decreased.. Seems you have had multiple postop issues - from size to big  to pain postop, etc. Best to see your chosen surgeon to discuss ALL your concerns! I might try fat grafts in upper poles Fee $4,000. 

Did my breast sag after Breast Augmentation?

Thank you for your question.  Your breast tissue did not sag but your implants are settling down into their position.  This is giving you the appearance of your nipples being centered higher on your breast mound compared to before.  Be sure to discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.  Allow at least 4-6 months of healing after surgery to get a better idea of your final result.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

From your pictures, it appears your implants have settled into the skin and soft tissue envelope nicely. This is what accounts for the change in shape, and this is expected to occur.  I think you have a nice result, judged by these pictures.  If you have question or concerns discuss with your plastic surgeon.  

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

2 months

I assume the "before" picture is really an early "after" photo rather than a pre-surgery picture. In the upper picture, the implants appear full in the upper poles of the breasts, and since that time they have settled as the pectoralis muscles have relaxed to accommodate the new implants. Without photos from before surgery it is hard to comment more on the outcome. The implants seem a bit low, but so may have been your natural breasts. Better to discuss with your surgeon.

All the best.