Breast Revision to Go Larger?

iIm 21 years old and currently have 360 cc moderate profile implants. I'm 5'2 and weigh 120 pounds (petite build). My breasts look very natural and although i like how proportionate my implants look i wish i were bigger with more of an upper pole (i still have to wear push up for that upper pole look). I was considering going 460cc HP salines in the near future and was wondering if switching to HP would give me that look? Also i don't want to be too top heavy but want to not have to wear a bra.

Breast Revision to Go Larger

Photos would help, although not so much as an in person evaluation. The HPs will give more projection in the upper pole, but the best choice of size and profile will at least partly depend upon your breast width. Assuming your surgeon chose a good width, the current implants are 13.4 cm wide, suggest you breast width is about that amount. The 457 moderate plus has about the same width, more volume, and somewhat more projection. The 450 HP has considerably more projection, more volume and similar width. The 460 implant is extra high profile, and is 2 cm narrower that the current implant, and that might be an issue. Discuss all options with your surgeon.

Should I have bigger implants?

Increasing the size of your breast implants will definitely increase your upper pole fullness.  I see that you are concerned about being too top heavy.  Only you can make that decision as to what is "too top heavy".  I recommend that you ask your surgeon to help you try that additional volume on in the office using sizers.  This will allow you to look in the mirror and decide for yourself what is too big.  Good luck.

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me (Revisionary Surgery)?

Thank you for the question but despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with precise enough advice.  One of the keys to achieving the results you are looking for will be clear communication with your plastic surgeon.

This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “top heavy" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

High profile breast implants

100cc increase in implant size is significant in a petite woman, and might give you the desired look.  The high profile implant is likely to give you a rounder upper pole.  The implant does not eliminate the need for a bra, you still need the support, but you may not need a push up bra.  Your surgeon can evaluate whether this is a reasonable plan.

Dennis Dass, MD

I patient is a good result after breast augmentation should leave well enough alone will.

Judging from the statement it sounds like the results of the first augmentation was good. There is some dissatisfaction with file size but I would not jeopardize a good result modest improvement in that area. Should the need arise for further surgery such as failure of the prosthesis, that would be the time to go to a bigger size.

Breast implant revisional surgery.

I would feel that your implant size is very suitable for you.  Bigger implants often cause more distortion and problems when one is petite as you are.  Saline implants are not my preferred implant for many patients.  The natural quality  of silicone gel  is very favored by  many Plastic Surgeons and patients alike.  Always discuss this fully with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon before any decision is made.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Breast Revision to Go Larger

You are a young  petite 5'2" female

360cc in my opinion is already large for you.Going to a larger saline may cause sagging and rippling especially if the implants are above the muscle 

The implants may appear small if they are low in position

It may be possible to elevate your  implants internally to achieve your desired look

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Adding 100 cc and switching from moderate profile to high profile implants

Usually a small woman has a small chest wall width and an increase in size to 460 cc would necessitate a change to high profile so that the implant width is not too wide for your chest wall.  I would recommend always wearing a bra and to see a board certified plastic surgeon of your choosing.

Implant size

Most likely all that you need is more volume overall.  High profile by itself will not give you the fullness by itself. I do prefer the high profile for gel implants but not necessarily for saline. Volume us what you need.

Going larger

The high profile implants will give you more upper pole fullness, especially if you are going larger.  I strongly urge you to consider switching to silicone gel implants.

They will feel more natural and, more importantly, they will remain in a higher position over time.

The issue of not having to wear a bra is a tricky one.  It depends on how  full you expect to be on top, as well as, how much your breasts drop over time.  That would depend on how much mucle is released to accommodate the implant, as well as, the firmness of the capsule that your body develops around the implants.

Good luck

Ary Krau, MD, FACS