Is a breast reduction AND lift with implants possible for me? Plus an areola reduction? (photos)

My breasts and areolas are big, so I would like both my breast and areolas to be a bit smaller, plus in order to keep them full I would like implants, or will my breasts become too big with implants and cause them to sag again ? What are all my options here to make my breasts look good ?

Best option for you, some advice:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. 
After having analyzed all the information provided to us, i can realize that you have very large breasts for your height and weight, and can be responsible for head, back, neck and shoulder pain.

In the future may cause  permanent osteo-articular damage in the back and shoulders and skin problems (mainly under the breasts). For for this reasons, certainly you need a breast reduction surgery.

Also you have very large areolas related breasts size/shape.

Other option for your case, where the breasts  are very sagging  but with a good size (if you feel comfortable with your breast size) i perform a Breast Lift - Symmetrisation Surgery.
I also recommend an Areolar Reduction to get an appropiate areolar diameter, with hidden scar (a circumference line surrounding the areola).
There is no need to use implants, because you have very good breasts volume, and at your young age, your breasts are mostly made up of fibro-glandular tissue, therefore they will have very good consistency to the touch after Breast Lift.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Breast lift vs Breast Reduction vs Implants and lift achieving beautiful results in one stage

Gracie,

While there are many possible approaches to your breast surgery, there are a few very important considerations.  Historically most surgeons would perform a breast lift/reduction and an augmentation at a later date if the patient desired upper pole fullness or deflated too much.  Some surgeons offer a reduction and implant at the same time and can achieve good results, however I am agains both of these pathways.  The reason is that your own native tissue is much more favorable than an implant so it doesn't make since to me to throw away your tissue and replace it with an implant at the same time or a later date.  I would perform one of two techniques that allow the tissue that would have been discarded  to be used to fill up your superior breast instead of an implant.  This yields the most natural feeling breast without implant associated risks.  Depending on your exam, I would use either a pectorals sling mastopexy or what I call the FEMMA-S both use the low tissue that would be usually removed to create a full round breast that sits higher.  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Possible

A reduction/lift and breast implant procedure is possible for some but like below, I would stage your procedures.  The main reason is more nipple viability.  You may be happy with the outcome without breast implants.

Best Wishes,

Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Is a breast reduction AND lift with implants possible for me? Plus an areola reduction?

Thank you for the question and pictures. You communicate your goals nicely.

In my practice, I would offer you a breast reduction/lifting procedure first, understanding that a second stage breast augmentation  operation MAY  be necessary to achieve  "upper pole volume", that you (and many women) seemed to prefer.  A staged approach, for patients starting at your anatomic starting point, is a safer approach ( in my opinion) and more likely to achieve a long-term outcome that you will be pleased with.   In other words, achieving long-term superior pole volume, with a single stage operation, for patients starting out your anatomic starting point, may be very difficult (to say the least).

In regards to  achieving the  desired outcome, I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. 

***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Thank you for your question and photographed.  A breast lift or reduction will improve your breast shape and reduce the size of the areola.  Based on your photo I would not plan on doing implants but assume that he had adequate breast tissue for volume.  However most important issue choice of surgeon, be sure to consult at least 2 experienced a board certified plastic surgeons.

After your examination can be determined whether or not a small implant is needed to give you fullness and firmness above the areola.  For more information on breast lift please see the link below:

Breast Lift

Dear Gracie,

Looking at your photo, it appears you have plenty of breast tissue.  So, I would recommend in your situation a major breast lift.  I don't think you really need implants.  You would have a fantastic result!

Joshua Kreithen, MD
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

From your photos, you seem to have a fair amount of breast tissue already. You should be able to get a very nice result with just a breast lift. If you'd like to increase your breast size you could do so easily at the same time with an implant. Be sure to express your goals and expectations with your chosen surgeon. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D. 

Vistnes Plastic Surgery 

San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #realself #breastlift

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Needs a lift

From your photos, it appears to me that you have plenty of breast volume to simply do a lift and small glandular reduction.  Should you want secondarily more upper pole fullness I would suggest adding fat grafts rather than an implant.  Try to find a board certified plastic surgeon in your region with experience in cosmetic breast surgery. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS