Do I need a breast lift? (Photo)

I want to make my breast bigger to a D cup. I'm currently a B. Will I need a breast lift as well for this procedure ?

Do I need a breast lift?

The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue for the first 3 to 4 months! 

Breast Lift With Implants

Thank you for your question and for posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for a breast lift with augmentation. In order to get your desired results, you'll need a mastopexy or breast lift. If you want additional fullness, you can get breast implants at the same time. Implants alone, however, will not give you any lift, and you may not like the results. You'll need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and undergo Vectra 3D Imagine. Breast of luck! 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Breast lift or just a breast augmentation?

It is hard to say when you are sitting on the fence.  Usually I would tell my patient that the perfect shape is worth the scar.  But if at all possible then I would avoid the scars that come from a breast lift.  If you trust your surgeon to do what's best for you during the surgery...which you better, or you should find another surgeon...then they can put the implants in and see how it all looks.  If there is a benefit to doing a lift they can do that for you then.

Dr Rodger Shortt
Oakville Plastic Surgeon
Assistant Clinical Professor &
Director of Cosmetic Surgery Training,
McMaster University

Performing plastic surgery for Oakville, Mississauga, Burlington, Georgetown, Milton, Hamilton and Toronto.

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

Breast enlargement with lollipop lift

Hi and thanks for the question

From the photographs you have provided, I do not believe you will get a satisfactory result from breast augmentation without a breast lift.  I would recommend a circumvertical (Lollipop) lift with the implants in either a pre pectoral, (in front of the pectoralis major muscle) or retropectoral (Behind the pectoralis major muscle) position.

Dr Mark Hanikeri MBBS, FRACS
Perth Specialist Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and implant

Your nipples are low and if you have breast surgery, I think a breast lift needs to be part of the surgical solution. I would recommend to you a lollipop lift which in my hands gives a superior breast shape without flattening, and maintains better scars and aerola size. When choosing your surgeon look at their photos and you will have a better idea if they do a aug/lift that you like. Good luck.

Do I need a breast lift?

100% YES! Best to see ONLY private practice boarded PSs from reading your poor decisions for a BBL you need expert surgeons. The cheap becomes expensive. Regards DOCTOR_FIXIT

You would benefit from a lift

You would benefit from a breast lift, which will bring the nipple up into position. Depending on what implant you choose, you could have a donut lift or an anchor type lift. Shaped implants will give you more of a lift than round implants...

Breast lift with implants

It appears that you would be a good candidate for breast augmentation with at least a circumareolar lift for optimal results.  I suggest you consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons for an examination and detailed discussion of your options.

Do I need a breast lift?

Thank you for your question.  In addition to getting implants, you may need a limited breast lift in order to optimize your results.  It's hard to say unless you're examined.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS