Breast lift and tummy tuck. Can they be done at the same time? (Photo)

I wanted to know can a breast lift and tummy tuck be done at the same time . Also do I need just a breast lift or do I need a implants with a lift . If I get implants after how long will I need to redo them .

Breast Lift and Tummy Tuck at the Same Time?

Thank you for your question. Both procedures can be performed at the same time. Regarding the use of an implant, based on your pictures, you appear to have adequate breast tissue to do a lift without an implant, unless you are hoping to increase the size of your breasts. If you chose to have an implant, the rupture or leak rate I typically quote patients is 1% per year, meaning after 10 years, there is only a 10% chance the implant may have leaked. The newest generation of implants are less prone to leaking than older implants. I do not routinely tell patients that they will need to have their implants replaced after so many years, however approximately 25% of patients will undergo some type of revision procedure during the first 10 years after their breast surgery, either to increase the size of the implants (most commonly) or to do something to adjust the symmetry of the breasts. If you chose to increase the size of your breasts with an implant, the skin will stretch over time, making it more likely you will need some type of revision procedure done in the future. Good luck!

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift + tummy tuck together = mommy makeover

A tummy tuck with breast surgery is a common combination. The breast option depends on whether a lift is needed, implants, or both. 

Richard Baxter, MD

Mommy Makeover

From these photos, you seem to be a great candidate for a mommy makeover and should get a result you are very happy with. A full tummy tuck with liposuction of the waist and breast lift would address your areas of concern. You seem to already have a fair amount of breast tissue so an implant is only necessary if you want larger breasts. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring and Aesthetic Breast Surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon your choose. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D. 

Vistnes Plastic Surgery 

San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #tummytuck #liposuction #breastlift #mommymakeover #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift Done at the Same Time?

These procedures are frequently done together as long as the patient is healthy and are what can be referred to as a Mommy Makeover. See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who will help you determine if you want implants or if you will be happy with the fullness you would have without implants. If you do get implants, it is unknown how long before you might need a revision. In general I advise patients to plan on 10 years before a revision may be needed. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD

Breast Lift and Tummy Tuck at same time

It is not uncommon to perform a breast lift and a tummy tuck at the same surgery if the patient is in excellent health.   Judging from your pictures, your breast look to have enough volume so that a lift would give you an excellent shape and repositioning on the upper chest wall.  Your abdomen shows extensive stretch marks up to your belly button without a lot of excess skin laxity.  It may or may not be possible with a tummy tuck to remove all of your stretch marks.  This could only be determined with a complete physical exam.   Make certain to get a consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon to get a definite answer for your body.    

Carlin Vickery, MD

Mommy makeover

Great question! It is often possible to combine several procedures during a single surgery. Common procedures of a mommy makeover include an abdominoplasty (tummy-tuck), breast lift or breast reduction, and liposuction. In a breast lift, excess skin below the nipple is removed, the nipple is moved to a higher position, and skin above the nipple is brought down and around to create a firmer, lifted appearance. If you are unhappy with the size as well as the droopiness of your breasts, then you can incorporate the placement of breast implants while performing a breast lift procedure. I encourage you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss all of these options. Good luck! 

Brian S. Glatt, MD, FACS
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Can they be done at the same time?

Hello, Dear thank you so much for your questions and concerns.

The first thing to consider and most importantly before any individual or combined intervention is the state of health of the patient and is necessary to evaluate individually and with the necessary examinations to manage complications and generate a state postoperative less painful and rapid healing.

In addition, it should take into account the physical and psychological conditions of the patient, as much of this will depend recovery.

If you want to perform various cosmetic procedures, the ideal is to assist cosmetic surgery clinics serious, professional and guaranteed, request an appointment valuation and professional plastic surgeon evaluate the types of interventions you want as your physical condition and health, to see whether or not feasible to perform at the same time.

Hope hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Ramon Morales, MD

Can a breast lift be done at the same time as a tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question.  Breast lift surgery is commonly done in combination with a tummy tuck, but you would need a proper assessment by a certified PS to determine if it is appropriate for you.  Your surgeon would need to take into consideration your general health, physical anatomy and goals.

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for the procedures you want at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal.
Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of mayor diseases that increase the surgical / anesthesia risk degree.
Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Mommy makeover

From your photos it would appear that you would be able to undergo both procedures at the same time. I would make sure to consult with a PS who can show you pre and posts of combination procedures and run through the pros and cons of combination surgeries with you. 

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon