Follow-up Question - If I get a Breast Lift/Reduction, will it be necessary to get the anchor cut? (photo)

Is the anchor cut the only option in my case ? I also want the upper pole volume, may I still get a little implant ?

To see original question, please click here.

Full anchor incision likely needed

Typically, an anchor incision is used in procedures when a large amount of tissue needs removal and the breast needs significant reshaping. It’s hard to tell with one image and without an in-person evaluation. Based only on your photos you are likely to need a full anchor incision to get the best shape and lift but I recommend booking an appointment with a specialist plastic surgeon to further discuss your options.

Breast reduction/lift

Thank you for sharing your photos.  You need a breast reduction/ lift. The technique can be with the anchor cut or with LJ technique. It would depend of the medical evaluation, in your case, implants would not be necessary because you have enough breast tissue to have great results. In case that a small implant is used we would replace for breast tissue.

I hope my answer will help you to your question.

Before undergoing any surgical procedure, please seek a board certified plastic surgeon

Jairo Ulerio, MD

Brent reduction

Thanks for your question. For the type of breast and for a good result a T inverted incision is needed but always doing the vertical technic first and them the horizontal scar, this last one has to be as short as it could be. Regards

Ricardo Ventura, MD

Breast reduction/lift

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  With that being said, based on your photographs, the best shape and contour could be achieved with a wise pattern breast lift/reduction. A wise pattern lift can result in a very nice shape if good technique is used.    Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast reduction, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. 
After having analyzed all the information provided to us, i can realize that you have very large breasts for your height and weight, and can be responsible for head, back, neck and shoulder pain.

In the future may cause  permanent osteo-articular damage in the back and shoulders and skin problems (mainly under the breasts). For for this reasons, certainly you need a breast reduction surgery.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Follow-up Question - If I get a Breast Lift/Reduction, will it be necessary to get the anchor cut

In my opinion, to achieve the best shape to your new breast that an anchor incision will be required

Julio Garcia, MD

Reduction

You are quite large with large areolas, therefore it would be best to undergo the Wise pattern reduction which involves a scar from the areola down to the inframammary fold and then across the inframammary fold.  This will give you the best breast shape after the procedure.  

Scars from a lift

IT is NOT an absolute that you "need" an anchor lift, many surgeons can and will perform a lift with a pure vertical scar, HOWEVER, the breast shape is fairly abnormal in appearance for a period of several months vs with the anchor scar the breasts look fairly good right on the table, that is the trade off. 

Follow-up Question - If I get a Breast Lift/Reduction, will it be necessary to get the anchor cut?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photo  he most likely will need an anchor lift.   Yes and implant can be added for supra areola fullness.  To understand the risks of not having inadequat with an implant please read the following link:

Breast lift/Reduction

Thank you for your question. Looking at your photograph, it would be difficult to obtain a nice size and shape to your breast without an wise pattern (anchor) incision. You seem to have a short chest and long waist so a lift alone may give you the upper pole fullness you desire. Breast implants may be used at the lift/reduction surgery if needed to obtain your desired size. Be sure to consult a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in breast surgery. Good luck! 

Eric E. Wegener, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon