Breast lift? Implant? Augmentation? Or all the above?

More details about me I'm 5'4" weight 120 thinking of getting 350 cc

Breast evaluation

Hello and thank you for your question.  The size of the implant and decision regarding a lift is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Choose the Right Procedure during an In-Person Consultation

Thank you very much for your question, however without a photograph, it is difficult to provide any meaningful advice. I recommend scheduling a consultation appointment with an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon, who can perform an in-person evaluation and explain all of your breast augmentation options. At this appointment, you can try on implant sizers, which is best done wearing a sheer bra and tight t-shirt. This will help you to determine the best type, shape, and volume implant for your body type. 

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Breast Enhancement Can Improve Your Figure: Your Personal Results Depend on an In-Person Consulatation

Your weight and height sound healthy.  Your implant volume suggestion of 350 cc's could make a nice difference, but to get the best assessment, you should be seen by an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.  You might benefit from a few consultations, with individual plastic surgeons, to evaluate them and their recommendations for you.  There are a number of medical considerations, physical examination details, surgical techniques and implant details that come into the decision on what size implant to have.  Your surgeon can evaluate you and make knowledgeable recommendations.  He and she can give you a full understanding of what works for you.  Best wishes.

Sutton Graham II, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Breast surgery with implants.

Without photos, even a limited recommendation cannot be made. Your best bet is to see several plastic surgeons in person to discuss your goals from surgery and identify what's the best method to achieve those goals. Best of luck!

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift alone or with implants?

Thank you for your question. In order to give you a good assessment you must provide some photos of your breasts. That said, a question I often ask my patients is if you like the way you look in a push-up bra. If so then you have adequate volume and might just need a lift. However if you opt for breast implants alone. They themselves can be used to restore volume in deflated breasts, and provide a lifting. This is a great approach in the right patient, and keeps scarring off of the front of the breast which I usually prefer. The implant will increase fullness and fill the skin envelope. Correct placement will also provide a few centimeters of lift, which is all many patients need for things to look perfect. All of this depends on your body and presentation in conjunction with the look you hope to achieve. It's best to have a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. 

Breast surgery

Please post some photos in order to be able to give an answer specific to your case.
Thank you!

GreetingsThank you for your question, without photos i can not tell you evaluation. Breast augmentation operation is performed in order to increase the size of breast. Size and shape of breasts can often play a critical role in a woman’s self-esteem. Fuller and bigger breasts are often associated with reproducibility therefore it is a desired condition. There are different kinds of breast augmentation operation types. Breast augmentation can be performed either with breast implants or autologous fat transfer. There are also different types of breast implants like teardrop or round implants. These implants also can be placed under or above the muscle. As you can imagine there are several different options for breast augmentation. The best way to understand which one is more suitable for you is to get a physical examination by a plastic surgeon. It is important for you to understand that you don’t always need a breast implant for breast augmentation. As it was also mentioned above you can also get bigger and natural breasts with Cihantimur Fat Transfer method. In this method we use own fat tissue of the patient in order to increase the size of the breast. Since this tissue is your own tissue there is no risk for any adverse effects. It is safe and fast operation that yields natural results without any incision.

Please send photos for more accurate advice

Hello and thank you for reaching out to us.  We can give you more accurate advice if you send us photos.  Regardless, make sure to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in aesthetic breast surgery.Good Luck!
Dr. Kelishadi

Sean Kelishadi, MD

What type of procedure?

Thanks for the question I recommend you to send your photos to us to give you the advices you need and want. Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Thank you for the question.  Online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical.   
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as  “natural” or "C or D cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.  Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery,  after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers. I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast  augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.