Do I need a breast lift along with a breast augmentation? (photos)

I want to be a full C cup. I also want them to be fuller at the top therefore I am considering high profile implants. I weight 120 and I am 5'1. I am wondering if I would need a lift or if I would be fine. thank you...

Do I need a breast lift along with a breast augmentation?

Hi. It looks like you may be borderline. Your breasts are very full and I question the need for an implant. However, that can only be determined by an exam.I am certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and have practiced in the"land of breast implants", Miami, for the past 29 years. I encourage you to look up the surgeon you eventually select and make sure they have years of experience in performing cosmetic breast surgery. Furthermore request to see before and after photos of previous patients by that doctor....not a clinic or surgery center. Do your homework......research and verify the doctor's credentials. Have they had problems with the Board of Medicine, disciplinary or otherwise. Any law suits?

How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations, If you have kids, even more so.

How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgery, no matter how simple it may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications.

I wish you the best on your journey. I hope that the info provided has been helpful. Should you require any further clarification, do not hesitate to contact our institute. I answer all questions personally, not through patient coordinators or other marketing individuals.

In our office we use TouchMD which is a web based program in which patients have the ability to load their picture unto the program. I then evaluate them and can actually draw on the picture to show a potential patient where the incisions would be located and how the procedure is to be realized. It's all done to comply with HIPPA which is the federal law that protects the patient's medical information. Look them up. Dr. PG

Breast augmentation

You would most likely get a good result with breast augmentation but you need to be see in person to determine that. Please seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Be sure to express your goals and expectations to your chosen surgeon. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area
#realself #drdeanvistnes #breastlift #breastaugmentation

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Do i need a breast lift along with a breast augmentation?

Thank you for your question. You look like a great candidate for breast augmentation. The Breast implants can be used to restore volume  and provide a lifting. This is a great approach in the right patient, and keeps scarring off of the front of the breast which I usually prefer. The implant will increase fullness and fill the skin envelope. Correct placement will also provide a few centimeters of lift, which is all many patients need for things to look perfect. Breast augmentation is a very powerful technique in the right hands, and can have dramatic results in a variety of breasts types.
Most important is a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon regarding this procedure. Don’t settle for less!

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question and for posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for breast augmentation. Often patients like you who are close to needing a lift can use textured high profile implants to gain a small lift. I recommend undergoing Vectra 3D Imaging to get an idea of your post operative results to decide if you'd prefer a lift or just an augmentation. You'll need to consult a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. Breast of luck. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Breast lift

Your nipple/areola complexes are slightly low on your breast and therefore a periareolar lift may be nice to help lift this so it is at the apex of or slightly above the apex of your breast implants.  Beast wishes, Dr. T

Breast augmentation with round implants and without a lift will achieve your goals

Hello!

You're starting with good symmetry and your nipple positions are above your natural under-fold. This tells me that you absolutely don't need a lift. A breast augmentation alone will give you an excellent result. Keep in mind that "high profile" implants will give more projection to your breasts rather than filling out the upper breast areas. Your breast tissue already projects enough, and therefore I would recommend either "moderate profile" or, at the most, "moderate plus profile".

Round implants, either saline or silicone, placed above or below the muscle will give you a lovely result. Teardrop implants are unnecessary for the extra significant cost and also have a small risk of rotation. The 2 small downsides of placing implants below the muscle are (1) initial recovery is more sore, and (2) your implants will be squeezed by your chest muscles if you are athletic and engage in chest-focused exercise (such as push-ups, bench press, etc.). Although these are small downsides, you nonetheless have enough breast tissue to cover the implants such that placement above the muscle will give you a beautiful contour and will likely get you to your goals.

All the best in your search!
- Dr. Rad

Ariel N. Rad, MD, PhD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
I recommend you for Cohesive Gel - Silicone Breast Implants with textured cover ("gummy bear implants".
They are quite safe and aesthetically best as they give a firmer consistency, better projection and most natural appearance than Saline implants.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast augmentation alone

I believe from the photos you posted that with breast augmentation alone you could get a very similar result to your wish picture, that has 19 likes in the lower left corner. Breast augmentation often gives the illusion of a lift. You could always get a lift later, after the breasts are fully settled at about 9 months, if you didn't feel they were perky enough. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Is a Lift Needed and Implant Choice Decisions

From your photos if you wish to have a more youthful breast than a lift will be beneficial. Regarding choice of your implant: It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 350 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the below link.

Implant and small lift

It looks like you might benefit from a small lift around your areola when you get implants placed.  Best of luck.