Breast Lift with Augmentation - 7 months post op - Is it normal that I have so much redness around my scar? (photos)

I don't see it getting better and I'm worried... Please help!

Problem with Scars 7 Months Post-Op

#Hypertrophic or #keloid scars can be a problem. The worst are usually under the breast with an #AnchorLift or inverted “T”. These can be treated like all thickened scars with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing.

While these may not define the type of scars that you have, it is always a good idea to attempt to calm them yourself if this has not been done in the past. Also, if you have done so but still see no results then you should visit your surgeon in order to have the area examined and make sure that healing has progressed properly.

Scars

It can take a year or longer for the redness to fade.  Best to review scar care with your surgeon. Good luck.

Redness

the scars will remain fairly red for approx 1 year post-op. Ask your surgeon what he/she recommends for scar care and the redness at this point in time. 

Redness around the scar?

Greetings and thanks for you question. Your wounds do look fairly reddish and this is likely a Histamine release and other forms of healing that are still going on in your breast. I have had good luck treating redness with ScarGuard MD and/or 1% hydrocortisone topical. You should ask your plastic surgeon what they would recommend, however. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD