Can I have breast implants done through tummy tuck revision? (photo)

I saw a review with someone who had implants through tummy tuck and it looked gorgeous. I want implants and have to do a tummy tuck revision for dog ears and extra skin from gaining weight. Is this possible in this case? I would much rather have boobs without scar!

TABA

Thank you for your question. It is very common for doctors to only offer the approach their comfortable with but the ones that have answered your question already have done a disservice to you. It is very easy through a tummy tuck to place saline implant even if the patient has some minor droopiness. But this is not to be performed by a surgeon without significant experience with that approach. I have performed over 3500 TUBA/TABA ( implants either through the belly button or the tummy tuck incisions). I even have lectured this at our aesthetic meeting. Now if your surgeon is not comfortable with this procedure then only do the approach he is comfortable with but make no mistake yours would be a very straight forward TABA(transabdominoplasty breast augmentation). When a surgeon has no experience with the procedure they really should not give advice on if it's possible.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Can I have breast implants done through tummy tuck revision?

I am sure there is someone who can do that. But, just because it can be done does not mean it should be done. That is for sure not the typical way to place breast implants. The three most common incisions are armpit, below the areola, and in the breast crease. Be very careful allowing someone to do it the way you ask. In fact most implant companies will not warranty the implants if they are placed in a manner they deem unacceptable based on factory suggestions. 

Sincerely,

DrRickAZ

Richard J. Brown, MD

Thank you for your question and photograph. Though one can place implants through a full tummy tuck incision, I unfortunately think you will not obtain a satisfactory result with only implant placement. You have a moderate amount of breast sagging and excess skin to your breasts that will not correct itself with implants alone. A lift will correct both of these problems while also placing your nipple and areola into an elevated more youthful position and improving your shape and contour.  Hope this helps.

Breast implants can be placed through a tummy tuck incision, but with your dog ear/skin excision revision, the entire abdomen will not be elevated like in your original tummy tuck procedure so the implants can't be placed that way. 

Second, you may need a breast lift which would require incisions on your breast. The implant is placed through these incisions. 

Talk with your plastic surgeon about the options for improving your breasts.

Dr. Derby Sang

Thank you for your question and photo.

it can be done, but i don't think you will have satisfactory results with only implants i suggest you to combine it with a breast lift for contoured and better good looking results.

best of luck.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

TABA - Transabdominal Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question and for sharing your story and photo. TABA or Transabdominal breast augmentation is a good option for patients who want breast implants and are already undergoing a tummy tuck procedure. This combination means there are no scars on the breasts. Not all patients are candidates for such procedures, so make sure you're working with a board certified plastic surgeon to get exact recommendations. Breast of luck! 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Breast procedures with tummy tuck

Hello, thanks for share your photo and case with us, if all your mecidal evaluation and labs exams are normal, of course you can combine these two procedures, obtaining beautifull results. 

Jean Paul Giudicelli Saba, MD

The excision of dog ears, from a previous tummy tuck, does not open the tissue enough to place breast implants.   The safest way, with less complications,  would be to place the implants through an incision under the breast crease.  Your photo shows ptosis, or sagging of the breasts.  More than likely you will need a lift as well as the implants to achieve the desired breast results you are seeking.  Discuss all of your concerns with your plastic surgeon during your consultation.  Best wishes. 

Jeanette Padgett, MD, FACS
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

In my opinion NO. Plus you need a lift also. Best to seek in person opinions from private practice boarded PSs in MIAMI...

Breat Implants and Tummy Tuck Revision

The answer id simple no. It appears you may need a breast lift as well and that requires additional scars. You can not insert implants from a tummy tuck revision scar it would be unsafe.

Good luck!