Why do my breasts feel so small after breast augmentation? (photos)

My surgery was three weeks ago in 01/04/2016 and everything is fine I have no pain but they look so small like if I never had a breast augmentation. I had 450cc saline under muscle. They are so far apart I have no cleavege at all and when I lay its like I have no breast.

Breast implant settling after breast augmentation

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. I am sorry to learn of your concerns. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, it is way too early to make any decisions about how your breast will look. It takes weeks to months to see what is happening. Also the PS technique will also influence how quickly they settle, as well as the size of implants, your natural tissue quality and characteristics. As they settle, your breast mounds will dramatically change.

I typically and as a routine, ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation or secondary breast surgery. This waiting time allows patients to physically and psychologically adjust to their new body image.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Breasts small after augmentation?

At 3 weeks post-op, it is much too early to make judgments about your results.  Your soft tissues need to stretch a little to better accommodate your implants, and the implants need to drop down into position.  Both of these things will happen over the next several months. 

Regarding positioning of the implants, they seem to be well-centered under the nipple-areolar complexes in your photos.

By all means share your concerns with your Plastic Surgeon, but you will need to try to be patient and follow all post-op instructions.

Best of luck.

Breast Augmentation / Breast Implants / Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants / Silicone Implants/ Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time.  Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Why do my breasts feel so small after breast augmentation?

Thank you for your question and photographs, and it appears that you will have a very nice result. After placement of implants, the overall appearance of the breasts will change dramatically over the next several months, as the implants drop, and the overlying tissue stretches to accommodate the extra volume. At three weeks, your implants appear to be sitting high on your chest due to swelling and muscle tightness, and I would anticipate them to drop over the next several weeks, producing a more natural appearing breast.  I know waiting is difficult, but judge your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then. Hope this helps.

Only a few reasons: #1. Unrealistic expectations. #2. The chosen size was not correct? #3. The chosen size was not placed? #4. To early in healing phase. #5. Wrong style was used?  But to me you appears as widely set anatomically breasts so the implants early appear flatter... Allow 3 months healing. 

3 weeks after breast breast augmentation, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your question with us. 

Its too early to talk about final results In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Small and no cleavage

Since you are only 3 weeks out I would give it some more time and massage your breasts.450 cc implants are good sized implants so be patient.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Early Post Operative Breast Augmentation

After surgery, the breasts swell from the trauma of surgery and the tissues become edematous. This combined with the tightness of the skin and the squeeze of the pectoralis muscle on the implant can give the implants a high and flat appearance as the round implants are squeezed like a pancake against the chest.

As the swelling subsides and the tissues begin to stretch from the weight of implants, the breasts begin to settle. Over the next few months, the implants “drop and fluff” as the soft tissue and the pectoralis muscle relax.

The shape changes from high, flat, and firm to lower, fuller, and softer as the tissue softens and the implants round out - providing more lower pole projection. It will take 3 to 6 months to see a final result.

Your surgeon is best positioned to guide you through this process. Close follow-up is essential.

It is still to early for your to judge your final results. It can take anywhere from 3-6 months for your breasts to fully heal and your implants to drop/settle. So, be patient. In terms of cleavage, however, this is dictated by your anatomy as the implant must be centered behind your nipple. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Post breast augmentation

At 2 weeks it is still early in the healing process after breast augmentation and some asymmetry is to be expected. As the implants soften, settle and drop the breast shape will change along with cleavage. Give your body time to heal. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have for his or her evaluation and advice . Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes,M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francsico Bay Area

#realself #breastaugmentation 

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon