Why did my breast drop so much after lift?

After a breast lift with augmentation My breast have dropped tremendously, special my right breast. Why did this happen so soon I only had my surgery in February of this year I am so heart broken as I am a special needs mom and for once decide to do something for myself for this to happen.

Breast Lift

Hello, sorry to hear about this. Pictures would be helpful to give more detail about your case...but in general, immediately after a breast lift, the tissues are tight and you have more fullness at the top part of the breast and often flatness at the bottom...as time goes on the tissues relax and the breast will settle, round out the bottom, and the upper fullness noted at the top of the breast decreases.

If you have an augmentation and a lift, the implant will normally sit higher immediately after surgery and fall into a lower position as time goes on.

Without pictures, we cant say if your result is normal or if you have fallen below what is considered to be normal. 

Breast changes six months after lift

Thank you for your question and sharing your concerns.  The final result from a breast surgery is not evident until several months after the procedure.  With or without implants, the breasts do settle over a period of months.  I would visit with your plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns and review your progress to date.

Breast lift

Thank you for your questions.  There could be several factors contributing to the fact that your breasts are sagging after a breast lift that you had in February.  Commonly, women who get large implants during their breast lift experience further sagging with time which requires a revision.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Breasts dropped

Without seeing preop and post-op photos, it is difficult to tell you why they dropped or if it is too much. Best to discuss with your surgeon.

Why did my breast drop so much after lift

Hello, I'm very sorry about the results. There are a few things to consider:
1) The size of the implants, as more cc's more heavy they become.
2) If you wear the correct bra for the correct time.
3) Depends on the sagging skin that you had.
4) If you gain or lose weight in that period of time.
5) If you started exercise too soon and use the correct bra for that.
6) The place were the implants are (behind the muscle or behind the Gland)

You have to visit your plastic surgeon so he can see what happend in your case. Good Luck!!

Jose Hungria, MD

Without photos is difficult to know what is happening. 

Is important to know the volume or cc's of the implants and if they where placed under or over the muscle.

Adolfo Sesto, MD

I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment. It is difficult to say without more detail and photos, why you are experiencing this result but I recommend that you speak with your Plastic Surgeon, review your goals and photos and then discuss possible options to correct. Your breast implants may be too large/heavy for your breasts to support. I wish you all the best 

Breast drop after lift. Some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. 

I recommend you to visit your plastic surgeon and follow his advices.
Usually this could be the response to many factors such as the quality of the skin and healing the patient as well as surgical technique and implant placement. 
Finally i also suggest you to send to us your photos to give you more recommendations and advices.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Drooping breasts after lift and augmentation

There are many reasons why women suffer from recurrent droop of their breasts after implant and a lift. Typically what is under estimated is the weight of an implant that is too large for that patient's frame. The skin cannot support that overtime.  Additionally there may be a problem with the quality of the skin. Skin of poor quality will not hold any implant over the duration of the life of the implant.  Some strategies to reduce the likelihood of these issues would be an appropriate size implants for the patients frame. That may not meet the patient's expectations of the size they desired but it would be beneficial in reducing reoperations. Secondly, internal support when there is poor skin so that the implant stress on the skin can be reduced. 

Lift dropping

Unfortunately, whatever method was used to suspend your breast was not as successful as it could have been, usually due to the the inherent loss of elasticity of both your breast tissue and skin.  Even if permanent sutures or mesh was used to support your breast, oftentimes "artificial" means of supporting your breast cannot overcome the forces of gravity or the poor strength of your tissues.  Return to your surgeon to alert him or her of this recent issue.  There may be other opportunities to revise this.

Tito Vasquez, MD, FACS
Southport Plastic Surgeon