Breast Augmentation/What size and kind of implants should I a get for a natural look? (Photo)

I'm 22 years, 5'9 and 125 lbs. I've been wanting this surgery for so long! My parents never gave me permission or the money when I was too young to get my own. Now I could say I finally saved some and it's to change my life. What kind of implants, size, and shape would fit my body and expectations?

Breast Augmentation

Congratulations on your decision to move forward with this next step. I recommend that you book a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to talk about your aesthetic goals and learn about options. They will examine you, take measurements and recommend a few implant sizes for you to choose from based on your anatomy and the look you desire.

All the best

Breast Augmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

All the best

Your new look

The best advice would come from your plastic surgeon. Typically, breast measurements are taken and most surgeons will recommend a range in volume (cc's) that would look natural for you if that is the "look" you are going for. In my practice, I let patients try on sample implant to see what kind of implants looks best with their shape and size. I rarely go by cup size.
Talk to your plastic surgeon.

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Your new look

Talk to your plastic surgeon.

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

Thanks for your question.  Unfortunately, it can't be properly answered without an in-person evaluation.  Choosing the appropriate breast implant involves consideration of many factors, including multiple breast measurements, evaluation of your breast tissue and skin characteristics, and your personal goals.  All of these factors should play into the discussion with your surgeon about which implant is appropriate for you.  I would recommend that you consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has experience in aesthetic breast surgery if you would like to learn more.

Breast implants

Breast Augmentation Options

Taintedlove10.   

Photos and physical exam are optimal because I try to tailor each breast augmentation operation to my patient's desires and body type. There are pros and cons regarding saline and silicone implants, and patient anatomy and preference play a role in selection. The same is true regarding implant projection. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon and go to your consult with all your questions written down so you don't forget to ask something. Good Luck!

Breast Augmentation Options

Taintedlove10.   

Breast Augmentation/What size and kind of implants should I a get for a natural look?

Hello and Thank you for a question and image provided. You are a great candidate for a breast argumentation. You will obtain great results. The ideal Implant will depend on what are you looking for and also different varieties. I recommend to seek for a personal consultation and discuss your goals and obtain a complete understanding of the procedure.

Hope this can be of help and Good luck!

Ricardo Ventura, MD

Hope this can be of help and Good luck!

Ricardo Ventura, MD

Implants

Choosing the right implants for you requires an exam in person to determine what implant would fit your frame.

Implants

Breast Augmentation

The best way to pick implant size is based on your breast and chest width and not the volume. As the implants get bigger, they get wider. When the width of the implant fits the width of your chest, it will look nice and fit your frame. If the implants are too small, you will have a gap between them and they may look too far apart. If they are too wide, they will make you look top heavy as they may be too wide and stick well out past the sides of your chest. There are ways to get a bigger or smaller look. This can be done by picking a different implant profile. The higher the profile, the narrower the base width of the implant. If someone has a very narrow chest like yourself and wants to be big, they should consider a higher profile implant. Visit a board certified plastic surgeon who can take proper measurements to best determine the size right for you. Good luck! Dr. Scott Ennis, Destin, FL and Miami, FL

Breast Augmentation

Implant sizing

Selecting the correct implant  is among the most important decisions in a successful breast augmentation procedure.  Also, keep in mind that there are several factors to consider and the placement of the identical implant will not produce the same results in all patients due to differences in:

1. Dimensions of the breast  2. Diameter of the chest 3. Volume of the breast tissue  4. Height and weight 5. Breast shape, including ptosis and asymmetry

I rely on 3 methods to advise my patients: 

1. Dimensional planning  2. Gel implant sizing  3. 3-Dimensional Vectra imaging system.

At the time of consultation, measurements are taken allowing for dimensional planning to select the implant which best fits the base diameter of the breast.  Gel implant sizing is performed to allow you to visualize augmentation with the various sized implants.  Vectra 3-D imaging has been a very important method in my practice in selecting the correct implant size and shape as it allows you to see what you will look like following augmentation with any of the available implants. 

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Implant sizing

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Choosing the right size implant

Choosing the right size implant definitely requires an in person exam. The surgeon needs to assess both your anatomy and your goals before determining a range of sizes that will work. My best advice would be for you to find one or two board certified plastic surgeons in your area whose breast work you like and schedule a consultation. Best of luck.

Choosing the right size implant

Choosing Implant Size

There is not a direct correlation between breast implant size and cup size as the cup size varies greatly among companies and even within the same company. Moreover, cup size can vary based on who is performing the measurement. 

The size of the implants is based on a combination of a patient's goals and objectives and her anatomy. In order to provide a natural looking augmentation, the surgeon needs to evaluate many factors including soft tissue coverage, skin laxity, chest wall width, breast imprint width, the shape of the breasts and relative level of constriction to ensure that the breast implants are appropriate for your body.

Consult in person with an experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeon to understand your options.

Choosing Implant Size