Breast Augmentation size???

I'm 24 years old have 1 kid my high is 5'0 and i weight 120. I'm not sure what size i want I'm interested in a full c or a small D. but I'm a little sacred that the full c might be to small and the D might be a little to big. I'm getting my Surgery done in Dominican Republic by a well known doctor that i fully trust. I haven't done my consultation yet but once I go I want to have a idea of what to expect when it comes to the size.

How to Choose your Breast Implant Size

Thank you for posting your question. Choosing your breast implant size can be a little more complicated than what you may think. There area many variables that could affect how a particular size (e.g. 350cc vs. 400cc) will LOOK on YOU. For example, the diameter of the implant, the projection (full profile vs. extra-full profile vs. moderate), the shape (round vs. tear drop) will affect the way an implant LOOKs on an individual. Also, if your chest is wide vs. narrow, or the amount of actual breast tissue that you have, will affect how a 350cc implant will LOOKs on YOU. The same size implant (e.g. 350cc) could look very different in another female.
My best advice would be not to focus on a particular number. Have your plastic surgeon take your breast measurements including the width of your breast. In the U.S. there is a system that allows you to try on add on pads to your own breast and you can try it with a tank top and see what LOOK you prefer. Your surgeon will then see based on your breast diameter and the LOOK you want, which implant your BODY will TOLEARATE. This is the best way to choose an implant for long-term results. Each individual will tolerate a particular implant size based on their body and tissue characteristics. Hope this was helpful. Good Luck!

See surgeons in Miami..

I find that breast size is a very personal choice and should be made carefully by YOU after consultation with your plastic surgeon. A surgeon can only help to guide you but cannot make the decision for a particular breast size. If you travel outside the US, you will have to make a quick decision about size unless you plan to make 2 trips - one for consult and one for the surgery. Consider consulting with an office and try sizers while comparing and contrasting some bigger and some smaller sizes than a C/D cup. See how they look on your frame. Sizing helps to make patients feel more comfortable with the choice they're making. Best wishes always, Dr. Aldo

Aldo Guerra, MD

Size of implants and sizing

Thank you for your question. Its best to make decisions about size in person at the office with the implants and discuss all your options with your board certified plastic surgeon. 

Best regards

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast size

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided information as well.

The thing about size is...
Did You Know? Implant size (measured by cubic centimeters, or “cc”) only matters as far as it will help you get the look you want. In these photos, can you guess who has the larger sized implants?

What limits how big you should go?

1. Your current breast size. This matters because you’ve got to have enough existing breast tissue to cover the implant. If you haven’t got a lot to spare, some implants may just be too big to fit.
2. Your chest and shoulder width. Fortunately, implants come in different base widths so you can get a size that works well with your frame.

I recommend to make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon for a person evaluation and to talk about your goals.

Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast Augmentation size???

Without photos and the benefit of physical exam- it is impossible to comment accurately. Generally speaking, when you schedule your consultation and the measurements are taken, you will go through a sizing process- and the most appropriate breast implants will be recommended by a Board Certified PS. One of the most important reasons to stay in the country for the surgery - are regular follow up visits and monitoring of the patient's progress. Be very careful going outside of the country for surgery.

Volume of implants, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 
First of all I recommend you to send your photos to give you more personalised advices and recommendations. In general about implants I recommend silicone implants, "Gummy bear Implants"; They are quite safe and aesthetically best as they give a firmer consistency, better projection and most natural appearance than Saline implants. 
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast Augmentation size???

Why go to DR? There are SO many risks. There are GREAT boarded PSs in MIAMI over 60+ of us. See at least 3 before you go out of country... 

The right size for you

It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 350 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the below link.

An in-person exam and surgery by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon will be in your best interests

Hello Mayi03 and thank you for your question. I want to start off by telling you what I tell many of my patients: Do not focus on cc's or bra sizes as many women see their friend with "x" number of cc implants etc and think that they have an idea of what they want. There is a lot that goes into implant selection -- your breast volume, the amount of cleavage you want to achieve, your base width, your rib shape/projection, etc. Without seeing you and doing your measurements, it is difficult to assess accurately your final breast size or shape. The other thing to consider is that most women are not accurately sized for their bras.

The most important thing to consider is really the size and look that is appealing to YOU with the implants you choose. Many surgeons have sizing models whether using bras with implants or computer simulation. I encourage you to discuss with your surgeon many of these considerations when deciding which implant and size to use during your surgery. Additionally, a breast implant is a round object and has a certain diameter. Your base width on each side of your chest will determine "how big of a ball" or what diameter implant you can reliably go up to with a socially acceptable cosmetic outcome. The implant will "augment" or increase the size of your breasts to an amount acceptable to you and your surgeon.

My patients will try on a sports bra and then we pick the implants based on their measured breast base width. If your base width were to support for example up to a 400cc implant, I would have you try on the 400cc implants in the bra and then the 420 or 385cc implants and afterwards select the implant that made YOU the happiest. In reality, don't stress too much as this is not a HUGE difference and should be the fun part of the process. =) Go with what is acceptable based on your measurements and makes you happiest and make sure to weigh the pros and cons of the options you are considering. You can also compare the high profile with moderate profile implants and see which look you like most. The profile of the implant will determine how much upper pole fullness and overall projection you portray. Make sure to go to a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in aesthetic breast surgery.

I hope this helps answer your question!

Dr. Sean Kelishadi

Sean Kelishadi, MD

Breast Augmentation / Breast Implants / Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz