Breast augmentation recommendations? (Photo)

My goal shape is the natural shape what recommendation could make me acheive my goal here are my pic and some examples for my goal shape which is the tear drop shape . My dr said round high profile 350 cc suitable for my goal ?my weight : 44 kg - tall : 149 cm

Breast augmentation recommendations?

Thank you for the question. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.  Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

***Given that your surgery is coming up soon, I would suggest that you spend additional time communicating your goals/concerns directly with your plastic surgeon, preferably prior to the date of surgery.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers. I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with. 

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. The size of implant is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast augmentation recommendations?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast augmentation, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants): Breast Augmentation.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 350-400ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast augmentation

You appear to be a great candidate for a breast augmentation.   I generally prefer inframammary incisions and d dual plane technique with the implant behind the muscle.  I use gummy bear implants for almost all patients as they are the best performers available.  The final size depends on your individual body and measurements of the breast and chest, as well the desired result you are looking for.  Pictures of breasts you really like is very helpful to match the correct size implant. Plastic surgeons are trained differently and have varying levels of experience and so the key is to work with a Board Certified plastic surgeon with expertise and experience in breast augmentation.

You are indeed a good candidate for a Breast Augmentation. For a natural shape the best option is  to place the implants under the pectoral muscles. I would suggest High Profile Cohesive Silicon Gel Texturized Covered Implants, Sientra. Here branded as Silimed. The Volume is the total  of an ecuation considering your torax diameter, your heigth, your torax shape and of course your preferences.Good Luck.

Adolfo Sesto, MD

Breast augmentation recommendations?

After reading ALL your previous postings I think you need more opinions in person! My over the internet guess is 350 to 400 cc's

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question.   The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

BBA to get Natural looking breasts (tear-drop shaped)

Thank you for your question!

I can see that you prefer natural looking breasts.  

Before we say the implant size that would be best for you, I would like to discuss what constitutes natural looking breasts, and what factors play a role in creating them.

Natural breasts have the following characteristics:
  • The areola – dark pigmented region around the nipples – should not be large relative to your nipple
  • The nipple should be above the breast fold – inframammary fold
  • The 2 nipples should form an equilateral triangle with the notch of your breast bone
  • The breasts should not be sagging
  • The nipples should sit directly behind the part of the breast that projects the fullest
  • The breasts should appear symmetrical

A recent study by Dr. Mallucci and Dr. Branford, titled “Shapes, Proportions, and Variations in breast Aesthetic Ideals,” gives us 4 set of ideals in beautiful and natural-looking breasts. They are as follows:
  • An upward pointing nipple (angled at 20 degrees)
  • A slope in the upper pole of the breast
  • A tight curvature (convexity) in the lower pole of the breast (i.e., below the nipple)
  • An upper pole to lower pole ratio of 45:55 (i.e., the percent of fill below the nipple should be 55% compared to 45% above the nipple)

If your breasts meet these ideals and those I mentioned above, they will look natural. 

That being said, there are many factors that go into creating natural-looking breasts, and a combination of the right choices contributes to achieving the desired result. I mention some of these factors below.
  1. The size of the implant
    1. A large implant that exceeds your breast boundaries, or overly stretches your breasts, or is too round will make your breasts look unnatural. In fact, there is higher likelihood of bottoming out (i.e., an empty upper pole, nipple sitting too high on the breast), double bubble deformity, implant malposition, implant visibility, breast sagging, and breast tissue wasting. So going big is good, but going beyond limits will get you in big trouble…pun intended.
    2. A board-certified surgeon will always determine a suitable range for the implant volume after conducting some breast measurements and this is called tissue-based planning. Measurements such as breast base width, the amount of breast skin stretch, nipple to breast fold distance under maximal stretch, skin quality, chest wall asymmetries, among others have to be looked into. The combination of these measurements will help determine tissue coverage and the required implant volume to optimally fill the breasts. For example, if your breast base is very wide, we will require a higher implant volume to avoid the “rock in a sock” appearance. I am assuming your surgeon already took breast measurements and made the suggestion about the implant size based on them. As such, that would be best for you to attain a natural result.
  2. The profile of the implant – How much the implant protrudes or sticks out in the forward direction influences how much stretch is put on the overlying breast skin, and excessively stretching the skin results in negative consequences. Although the profile has to be tailored to the width of your breasts, a high profile implant normally provides a more augmented look rather than a natural look. As such, going for a more moderate profile or a moderate plus would be better.
  3. The shape of the implant – majority of surgeons prefer round and smooth implants, but if your breasts do not have a natural shape to begin with as we see in patients who have tuberous breasts, then you may require the use of anatomic implants (tear-drop shaped implants) whose lower half is more loaded in volume than the upper half corresponding with the desired natural look.
  4. Incision placement – incision location not only determines the degree of trauma to breast’s soft tissues, exposure of the implant to breast’s endogenous bacteria, pocket visibility and control, but also the implant’s position vertically and horizontally relative to the chest wall. For example, compared to the tranaxillary (armpit) or the areola (around the nipple) incision, the inframammary (IMF) incision better allows your surgeon to lower the inframammary fold to increase its distance from the nipple. In many patients, the inframammary fold needs to be lowered in order to allow the implant to rest at a level that appears natural relative to the position of the nipple and areola, and in order to prevent the appearance of excessive upper pole fullness. I need you to realize that an overly full upper pole will make it obvious that you got implants to enhance your breasts.
  5. Pocket –The decision to go behind the muscle or above the muscle has to do with the amount of soft tissue coverage – “padding” under the skin. Choosing a pocket that is tight with sufficient soft tissue coverage not only prevents implant visibility, palpability, and risks of excessive stretching on the breast, but also excessive implant movement into the outer or inner sides of the breasts. A hand-in-glove fit for the implant allows for a natural and long-lasting result. Your surgeon will do a pinch test in the upper pole of the breast to see how much “padding” you have. If you have less than 2 cm, then you do not have much padding and it would be best to go under the muscle. Generally speaking, if your ribs are visible under the muscle, then you do not have much “padding.” If however, you have more than 2 cm, then you have the option to go over the muscle or under the muscle.
    1. So which pocket allows a more natural look?
    2. There is a difference in opinion, but if we are trying to meet those ideals I described in the beginning, then under the muscle (partially submuscular) is the best option because the muscle helps to maintain a slope for the upper pole while allowing for a curvature in the lower pole, while over the muscle will just make your breasts appear round and augmented.
    3. Once again, these decisions need to be tailored to your breast characteristics. If you are hoping to fully preserve the functionality of the pectoralis major muscle due to athletics or body building, or if you have a shapeless, constricted, tuberous, sagging breasts, and do not have a proper cleavage, then over the muscle may be a better option. As over the muscle (subglandular) implant placement may cause tissue wasting, interference with mammography, hold higher risk for capsular contracture and synmastia (disappearance of the cleavage gap), a better alternative is the Dual Plane approach.
    4. In dual plane, the lower portion of the implant is directly behind the breast tissue to varying degrees, and the upper portion is behind the pectoralis major muscle. This approach can still add fullness and a rounder look to deflated breasts, while correct some sagging. This approach is superior to subglandular (over the muscle) in almost all ways.

Hope this helps!

Martin Jugenburg, MD