Will my breast asymmetry be worse after breast augmentation? (Photo)

Hello, Is it a good idea to use different sized implants or will it make everything worse (nipples and areola) ? Thanks for your answers!

Will my breast asymmetry be worse after breast augmentation? (Photo

Hi. Believe it or not you have great looking breasts. Your asymmetry is slight and can be easily corrected with different size implants. I would not suggest any more than a 25-50 cc difference. I have a personal preference for round, smooth silicone gel implants. In your case I would suggest a range of 350-375 cc to give you a full C cup placed either through the areola or fold I a partial submuscular position.

I am certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and have practiced in the"land of breast implants", Miami, for the past 29 years. I encourage you to look up the surgeon you eventually select and make sure they have years of experience in performing cosmetic breast surgery. Furthermore request to see before and after photos of previous patients by that doctor....not a clinic or surgery center. Do your homework......research and verify the doctor's credentials. Have they had problems with the Board of Medicine, disciplinary or otherwise. Any law suits?

How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations, If you have kids, even more so.

How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgery, no matter how simple it may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications.

I wish you the best on your journey. I hope that the info provided has been helpful. Should you require any further clarification, do not hesitate to contact our institute. I answer all questions personally, not through patient coordinators or other marketing individuals.

In our office we use TouchMD which is a web based program in which patients have the ability to load their picture unto the program. I then evaluate them and can actually draw on the picture to show a potential patient where the incisions would be located and how the procedure is to be realized. It's all done to comply with HIPPA which is the federal law that protects the patient's medical information. Look them up. Dr. PG

Size difference

Asymmetry is common and sometimes the difference between two breasts can be somewhat reduced with two different implants volumes, however I would prefer to under correct than over correct and create a new difference that you are not used to.

I recommend that you book a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon in your area who specialises in Breast Augmentation and try on the different sizers in your measurement range under a form fitting T-shirt. My patients find it helpful to see the implants and get a feel for them this way when deciding on size.

All the best

BBA

I think you can get a nice result. As for whether the same implants are used or not, it depends on an in person examination. It's best to see a surgeon in your area in person. All the best. 

The foregoing information provided is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, it is provided for educational purposes only.
You assume full responsibility for how you choose to use this information.
Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider before starting any new treatment or discontinuing an existing treatment. Talk with your healthcare provider about any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Breast asymmetry worse or better after breast augmentation

Your breast asymmetry should improve after breast augmentation whether you use different size implants or not.  You will be increasing the volume of your breast so the asymmetry in terms of size will be improve.  from the photo it also appears that the fold of your breast is is higher on your right than your left. This can be modified with surgery.  Although symmetry is improved with breast augmentation there will always be minor differences between your breast.   There are very few women who have near identical breasts.  Make sure your surgeon is a board certified plastic surgeon.   Best of luck. 

Raymond Jean, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry

Done properly, your breasts should be LESS asymmetric after surgery, though they will never be "identical twins". Because your breasts have nice shape and position, simply by adjusting the dimensions of the implants used you can anticipate a nice result. Remember, all implants do is make YOUR breasts larger.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Will my breast asymmetry be worse after breast augmentation?

Thank you for the question and picture. Based  on your photograph, I think you may be an excellent candidate for breast augmentation surgery. Whether or not different sizes of breast implants will be necessary to improve your  breast symmetry is hard to tell; I often make this decision based on the appearance of the breasts with temporary sizers placed during surgery.

My best suggestion: select your plastic surgeon carefully. Then, communicate your goals carefully as well. Working together you will come up with the best plan to achieve an outcome that you will be  pleased with.

Breast implants

Thank you for your question and photo.  You appear to be a worthy candidate for a breast augmentation.  To correct for you different sized breasts, I would suggest different sized implants.  Regardless, you need to be seen in person by a board certified plastic surgeon who can perform an evaluation in order to determine what is best for you.  Please be sure that you clearly communicate to him/her your surgical goals.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Breast asymmetry

From the photos you have included you of a very mild asymmetry. I've gone to a completely different approach over the last few years. It's been my experience, that using dissimilar size implants will create similar breasts for a very short amount of time. I've gone to a hybrid type of procedure where we put the same size implants and correct the underlying glandular difference with fat grafting. In that way, as you age and change weight, the symmetry will remain more constant. Certainly you have many opinions, but it's hard to match all the different parameters of width, height and size with dissimilar implants. I recommend you see a board-certified plastic surgeon and asked them what their opinion is. Good luck with your surgery. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Surgery

Hello dear, thanks for your question and pictures, I recommend you to get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon if you're not happy with your results... Your assymetry should go away with surgery well performed.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast asymmetry

I am sure you will soon realise that you are going to get completely different opinions from different surgeons. You do have a small asymmetry, well within the normal range, and surgeons would debate if this kind of difference is worth an attempt at correcting it or not. Different implants do not differ in size only, but also in diameter and projection. This means that, trying to fix the volume discrepancies, you may actually add differences in shape.
In my opinion, you would be fine with implants of the same size. Once your breasts will be bigger, the difference in size between them will become, as a percentage of the total volume, smaller and less visible. I don't think anything else would be needed.

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon