Botox - will the lines go away? (Photo)

I did Botox for the first time 5 days ago. Actually it was 6 days ago including day of injections. My dr used 28 units on forehead and it injected me once on each side of my eye. I still see 2 vertical lines on my forehead. They have diminished. Do the lines go away? If so when? If not do I call my dr and the dr adds more? Does the dr charge more? Thanks

BOTOX® only treats dynamic forehead lines.

It can take up to 7 days to see the full effects of your BOTOX® treatment. With that being said, BOTOX® works by temporarily halting muscle movement, which minimizes the expression of dynamic lines and helps to prevent additional lines from forming. Your photo appears to show static forehead lines, which BOTOX® is powerless to treat. Other non-surgical treatments, such as microneedling, may help to reduce the appearance of your static forehead lines.

New York General Surgeon

Will the lines go away?

Thank you for your question. It takes 2-3 days for Botox to be visible and 2 weeks to see full results. After 2 weeks it is best to see your injector for any touch ups that you may need.  Botox can last 3-4 months. 

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Botox

Hello, from looking at your photos it appears that your lines are static (lines that exist when you're resting). Botox works best for lines that are dynamic (move when you raise your eyebrows). That said, Botox can take two weeks to show results so I would wait a little longer before you consider going back for repeat treatment. It may be that the Doctor did not make use of the substance efficiently to address these lines and further Botox may be required. You may also require additional treatments such as laser resurfacing and fillers to help 'plump out' the deep creases.

Will lines go away after Botox

You should wait 2 full weeks to see the effect of Botox in that area. If you have the lines when your face is at rest, they may not go away after Botox treatment. You ay require procedures or products that support collagen stimulation. If after the 2 weeks you still have the lines, consult with your injector and discuss options. 

Will the lines go away?

I would recommend waiting for at least 7-10 days for the maximum effects of Botox. That being said, if you are someone who has lines when your forehead is completely at rest, you may, even if the Botox is fully working, still have some lines in your skin. That can be treated with a small amount of filler if need be. I would recommend waiting a bit longer and then return to your physican for follow up. good luck!

Lesley Rabach, MD

Will lines go away after botox?

Monylove786,

I would advise waiting for about 7-10 days to allow the Botox to reach its maximum effect.  If your lines are creating from movement of the forehead (when you elevate your brows up), the right unit dosage should address the lines.  However, if the lines are static, or "creased" into your skin while you are at rest and not moving, it is may soften the lines, but unlikely that it will make the lines go away.  

If the lines remain after 7-10 days let your doctor revaluate you for possible need for more units.  If you need more, most offices will charge for the additional amount.  Best of luck!

Julie Edween, DO

Getting the results you want with Botox and fillers

It can take up to 2 weeks for final results with Botox. That being said, it may be that you need a combination of Botox and fillers to address your forehead lines effectively. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Vertical lines left

The short answer: maybe. Botox will help reduce the visible lines you see when you are raising your eyebrows (movement or dynamic line). It can help with lines or folds but may not remove them completely (non-movement line or static lines). My experience is the amount of sun damage in the area will determine how much will resolve, which of course is also age dependent. I would recommend waiting another week or 2 to see how much actually resolves. If the lines are still present and they bother you--then go see your provider to see what they can do. At that point, it is usually a filler procedure or resurfacing procedure or both. Additional botox will probably not help much with these (static lines) if the original treatment did not clear them completely. Lastly, cost can vary. Most offices that charge you per unit, will charge you every time they need to place the product since you are paying as you go (they put in what you need). If they charge per area, then there may be some flexibility when it comes to cost. Best!

Miguel A. Gutierrez, MD
Torrance Dermatologist

Results from Botox

I can't tell a great deal from the photo, but it takes at least 7-10 days for Botox to reach its peak effectiveness so give it a little more time and keep in mind that it only works on wrinkles that are dynamic, i.e. move

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Forehead lines after Botox

I see no vertical lines on your forehead but see 2 deep folds. Botox prevents new wrinkles or worsening of existing wrinkles, it does not reverse static wrinkles or folds which are visible at rest. You may need fillers. consult an experienced, board certified dermatologist, facial plastic or general plastic surgeon.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon