Botox in my masseter muscles for jaw slimming. Will the effects be dramatic and noticable?

Hi. I have an appointment for Botox in the masseters in two days. I'm injecting 30 units in each side. I'm of asian descent and my jaw is very wide. Will the change be gradual over some time or gradual over a few days? I work every 3 days, so if I walk into work 3 days after treatment, will everybody notice?

Botox To Masseter Muscles

Botox injections to the masseter muscles work great to create a slim look to your lower face, and in many occasions it also helps to alleviate bruxism (teeth grinding). The change is gradual and you may need a few sessions before you can really start seeing results. The normal dosing may vary from 15-30 units per side and it depends on how bulky the muscle is. The results can be accentuated even more in those patients that have concomitant cheek injections as the combination help to restore a more aesthetic heart shape to the face. 

Botox for Masseter Muscles

This takes 2-3 weeks to take effect and its not something people "notice" dramatically.  You can see the results in photos but those who do not know will not automatically assume you had something done.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Masseter muscle reduction - Williamsville, NY

The masseter reduction takes time and multiple sessions are necessary for subtle and at the end, dramatic reduction.

Dr Karamanoukian

I offer  a series of sessions using at least 15 units per masseter every 2 to 3 weeks, so there is a slow change noted. Fee per session $400. 

Changing jawline is a slow process

Changing the shape of your jawline will be gradual. The Botox will be effective in a week or two so you will decrease use of those muscles but it will take several weeks for them to shrin. No worries, you will ot walk into the office with a new face after a few days. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Thank you for your question.  Masseter muscle reduction for jaw slimming is a gradual process and may not be noticeable on the first treatment.  Because of the muscles size it may take a couple of Botox sessions to obtain your desired result. Hope that this helps.

If you are concerned about your mid facial width- you may want to consider Buccal fat pad removal. This ball of fat sits adjacent to the masseter muscle, and removing it- may improve the look you seek

Botox for jaw thinning in Asians....

Thank you for your question.  Botox in most people takes effect over two weeks, some people do see results sooner.  It is gradual over that time period but will dramatically reduce the thickness of your jaw.  It is unlikely your co-workers will realize, it'll be more of they can't figure out why you look different and improved, more like they will think you must have gotten really good sleep the three days in between shifts.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and Jaw Slimming in Asian Patients

The effects of Botox takes two weeks and there is a gradual improvement over that period of time.  Botox works extremely well in that area.  Best, Dr. Green