Will my boobs get any bigger? (photos)

I got a breast augmentation a month and a half ago and they are so small that makes me sad. I got 450cc saline under the muscle and I thought they would look big bit they don't at all. Even with a pushup bra they don't have cleavege. Will they get any bigger over the months?

Swelling can compromise the aesthetic result shortly after breast augmentation.

Because of swelling the implants are pressed against the chest wall and not movable with a bra. As time passes the tissues will relax, the swelling will subside, and the implants will hang more naturally. I think you'll find the result will be excellent.

Postop breast aug

Although I do not think your breasts are going to get any larger at this point, they will change in shape as the implant continues to drop in the pocket. I want to reassure you however that you appear to have a nice postop result. It could be that the 450 cc implant was the largest implant that your surgeon could have placed at the time of the surgery. If you are truly disappointed in your size once you are fully healed then you may consider implant exchange for a larger size. It is best that you discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Mark Deutsch, MD

Post op concerns

Two things happen and seem paradoxical. As as the swelling goes down there will be some shrinkage but at the same time as the muscle relaxes your breast projection grows. In general the breast shape and size proportionality improves..

Breast implants initially after surgery when placed in a submuscular position often give superior fullness that corrects itself with time, the "fluff and drop" phenomena. In reality the pectoralis major muscle takes a while to adjust its size to accommodate the implant as well as occasional muscle spasm which keeps the implant projection higher than its final resting shape. Additional variables include:laxity of skin, size difference during prior pregnancies, position of implant,size of muscle, and size of implant.
As the muscle relaxes the projection of the implant often increases and the breast shape improves. Massage and use of a superior placed elastic strap can often make this process go faster.

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photos.  Given that you are only a month and a half post-op, there are still changes that will occur as your breasts continue to heal such as reducing in swelling and dropping into place.  Please be patient and continue to follow the instructions of your surgeon as you move forward in the healing process.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Will my breasts look any larger?

Thanks for your question--it sounds as though you are still early in the recovery process.  The breast shape and texture will change over the next 3-6 months typically.  While it is unlikely that they will look much larger, they may settle somewhat to better fit the cups in your bra, and may feel softer, and move more naturally once the scars soften. Typically plastic surgeons would recommend that you allow this healing to occur to assess how satisfied you are with the result before you consider revision.  I think you have a very nice result that many women and surgeons would be happy with-- but it needs to be a result that you are happy with.  Keep in close followup with your plastic surgeon as your healing progresses.
Hope this helps!
--
Erik Hoy, MD

Erik Hoy, MD
Warwick Plastic Surgeon

Will my boobs get any bigger?

Thank you for your question and photographs, and it appears that you will have a very nice result. After placement of implants, the overall appearance of the breasts will change dramatically over the next several months, as the implants drop, and the overlying tissue stretches to accommodate the extra volume. At one and a half months, your implants are still sitting high on your chest and have not reached their final result.  Though your breasts will not get bigger per se, as the volume of the implant redistributes you will see a different filling of your bras take place.   I know waiting is difficult, but judge your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then. Hope this helps.

Breasts will look larger at 6 months

After breast implant surgery, I advise the patients to take one week off from work. At that point we take out their stitches and teach them the implant massage technique. We suggest 5 times per day with the massage and no bra for one month. The patients may return to work, but may not engage in any strenuous activity. At one month, the patients start to wear a soft cup bra with no underwire and can start low impact cardio. At two months they can wear an underwire bra and engage in more strenuous physical activity. Breast massage continues forever, although only once per day. The muscle and skin start to accommodate the implants after 1 month, but the final result is not until 6 months.  At that time they do look larger.

Will my boobs get any bigger?

There is no need to worry. 450cc is a big implant and it is still a little early for you to see your final results. This means that with time the implants will settle and will stretch the skin. This will make them look fuller and much more projected. They will look more natural and will seem bigger so I wouldn't want to go bigger just yet. Give them time to heal and you will probably look great.
Dr. Miguel Mota

Miguel Mota, MD

BA

You should allow sufficient time for your skin envelope to stretch after the BA.  You will notice increased projection as this occurrs.  This will be more evident in high profile implants. 

More issues!

Seems you have had multiple postop issues? Why have you not discussed ALL these important problems with your operative surgeon? From - size/volume, lymph node issues, feelings in the breasts, etc. Or seek in person second paid opinions from private practice boarded PSs in MIAMI. There are over 60+ of us available to explain the healing processes following cosmetic surgeries.