Is my right boob dropping correctly? (photos)

BA!!! A MONTH TODAY!!! Afraid my right side isn't dropping fast enough

Is my right boob dropping correctly?

You are going to see the difference just after the procedure. However it is necessary to wait for some time in order to see the final result. After the breast augmentation operation the recovery period depends on your physical status, age, general health and condition mainly. The operation itself does not take too long therefore you receive a mild anesthesia. Since the anesthesia that you receive is mild; you will not have problems associated with anesthetic agents after the operation. This is especially important and can be achieved with only a team of plastic surgeons like we have. After the operation you will be advised to wear a corset in order to reduce the edema. You can start to do your daily activities just after the operations but we do not advise you heavy lifting, running or activities that require excess physical activity. The more you rest, the faster your recovery will be.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

1 month post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Is my right boob dropping correctly?

Thank you for sharing your photos. It is too soon to evaluate your surgery results. It would be good to make an appointment with your plastic surgeon and follow his recommendations.

I hope my answer will help you to your question.

Before undergoing any surgical procedure, please seek a board certified plastic surgeon

Jairo Ulerio, MD

Is my right boob dropping correctly?

Your breast will likely settle at different times. Since you're only a month post-op I wouldn't be too concerned with any asymmetry at this point. Typically at our clinic we say about 3 months for your breast to fully settle and they will settle at different times throughout your recovery. If you find it isn't settling at all and the left breast continues to settle over the next month or so, then I would see your plastic surgeon to make sure everything is ok

Mahmood Kara, MD

Is my right boob dropping correctly?

Thank you for your question.  Please see your plastic surgeon and ask if you can start breast implant displacement exercises and possibly a bandeau to help the right side drop.

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It is important to address any post-operative concerns with your plastic surgeon.  You are still early on in your recovery. Swelling after a breast augmentation occurs with 100% of patients, eventually the swelling will go down and your breasts will drop into their pockets, sometimes you heal quicker in one breast than the other and one implant can even drop sooner than the other one.  If one implant is still sitting too high, the use of a breast binder and a foam wedge is beneficial to add downward pressure to that breast. I would continue to perform your breast massages. Your doctor may also prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help with the swelling. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

"Dropping" normally

Congratulations on your recent procedure! You're still early in the healing process so give it some time. It is common to see one breast "drop" a little faster then the other but you look to be healing quite nicely. Good luck and congratulations, again!

Appears you tried to avoid a lift portion of the great surgery. So the asymmetry to height will be an issue. Also might have =been to small of implant to adjust to the avoiding the lift. Only more time will give you an idea, like another3 to 4 months. Best to discuss with your clinic surgeon or seek in person paid second opinions with private practice boarded PSs in Miami 

1 month after Breast Augmentation

In this picture, it does look like the right side is lagging slightly behind the left side. But you are only 1 month out so not to worry! You may consider following up with your plastic surgeon in a the next week or so. If that side does appear to be much higher in person, they might have you wear a breast band to help move it along. We really have about 6 months from surgery to move the implant into the pocket without requiring further surgery. Hang in there!

One month out

Thank you for your question.  I usually tell my patients that it can take 3-4 months for them to start to settle and it is normal for them to settle at different rates.  Be sure you are doing your massages per your PS recommendations and keeping all your follow up appointments.  Best of luck to you!

Shahin Fazilat, MD, FACS
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon