Blepharoplasty - heavy upper eyelid - 25 years old (Photo)

I'm 25 years old. My upper eyelid is really heavy on my eyes and gives me a tired look. Do you think I can benefit from a conservative upper blepharoplasty? My goal is to make my eyes look more open and youthful.. When my eyes are open I can barely see my eyelid, especially with make up. Thank you for your answers.

Blepharoplasty for Heavy Upper Lids in 25 Year Old

Although we don't usually see young adults interested in or appropriate candidates for a blepharoplasty, your photos show full upper lid folds covering the lids.  From your photos, it seems that you might indeed benefit from an upper lid blepharoplasty to remove skin and fat, thereby "opening" the upper lids and creating more visibility of upper lid skin.  This surgery can be performed just with numbing medicine, local anesthesia, in an office setting.  But, of course, a thorough personal examination would be necessary to make specific recommendations.

Blepharoplasty - is 25 too young?

Your photos suggest that you would benefit from an evaluation by a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  In my experience, age is not the issue that limits the time of surgery.  It is a patient's anatomy and goals that help to direct their care.  This can only be determined by an evaluation that includes a physical examination.  

Mark P. Solomon, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty - heavy upper eyelid - 25 years old

You are very young to consider a blepharoplasty.   However I do see the hooding caused by the upper eyelid skin.  I agree to try Botox in the frown area and the crows feet area to see if you get an adequate lift of the brow which corrects the problem.  If it does not then an upper blepharoplasty can certainly remove excess skin and reduce hooding.  For more information please read below:

Blepharoplasty

Thank you for your question. Eyelid surgery can adjust the eyelids to create a more youthful and rejuvenated look. It can address under-eye bags and remove any excess skin. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Heavy upper lift

It is better to be seen by a board certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation.

Your brows position may be part of your concern. A younger photo may help

in the evaluation. Judging only by your photos I would suggest to try a Botox 

chem brow first. Best wishes.

Fernando Colon, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

please do not undergo a blepharoplasty. Understand that we are all the results of genetics. At this point, your tissues are tight and firm and therefore the slight fullness of the upper lids is simply your genetics. Vet if you were to undergo a blepharoplasty , it will not change your look that much and you'll run risks . Good luck.

Dr. PG

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD, FACS

Try to botox for a "chemical brow lift"

Two out of three of your photos demonstrate an eyelid position that is within the normal range. Sometimes photos don't always show the entire picture so going to see a board certified plastic surgeon will be helpful to make the most precise determination of your problem. If the amount of heavy skin at the outer parts of the eyes bothers you, you can try botox to this area and see if you get some lift in this skin.

Jeremy B. White, MD

eyelid surgery at age 25

Performing eyelid surgery is rather rare at age 25.  From the limited photographs presented, it appears there is normal anatomy for which an upper blepharoplasty is probably not required.