Had BL and augmentation 3 weeks ago. It appears I have necrosis of my breast crease. Is this infected? (Photo)

I removed steri strips and I applied antibiotic. Should I be concerned?

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
I recommend you to apply strict wound care and to maintain the wound  dry and clean. 
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Necrosis

This is more common than we would like. While it typically
heals with conservative wound care, you do need to have your surgeon see this and frequently reassess it during the healing process.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Yes

I would be concerned but not worried.  What has your plastic surgeon said.  Without knowing exactly what was done I cannot advise you.  If the implant is immediately beneath the "black" area, it is a concern.  However, if you have some breast tissue interposed between the black area and the breast implant it is of lesser concern.  Make sure you follow up with your plastic surgeon and follow his/her recommendations.  Best of luck.

Delayed healing after B

Small areas that take longer to heal at the lower "T" junction of the breast after breast lifts is very common and is usually related to poor circulation to this delicate area of skin. It does not look infected at this time. However, it would be important to discuss with your plastic surgeon so he or she can manage it properly to make sure it heals without getting infected. 

Small area of skin/tissue loss

A breast lift requires removal of excess skin and tissues to restore a smooth uplifted "skin brazierre".  The blood supply to the inframammary crease incision is less robust than other areas.  Small areas of skin necrosis is relatively common in this area and can be treated with conservative techniques of wound care.  However, frequent visits with your Plastic Surgeon is required to ensure no infections occur and that the wound is progressing normally.
Good luck with the remainder of your recovery!

Daniel M. Calloway, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Had BL and augmentation 3 weeks ago. It appears I have necrosis of my breast crease. Is this infected?

Thanks for your photos and question.  Congratulations on your recent surgery.  Your photos do show some skin necrosis.  Wound issues in this area after a breast lift with implants can occur.  They are usually treated best with local wound care and possibly some debridement by your surgeon.  Make sure you follow up with your surgeon and he/she should keep a close eye on the wound.  In the end, most of these heal well but may take some time.

Naveen Setty, MD