My belly button looks weird after a TT, what can I do about it? (Photo)

I had a tummy tuck like six or seven months ago, but my belly button looks dark and weird. What can I do about it? I dont prefer getting to the surgery room again. Is there some kind of cream or lazer that would help? And why does it look that way?

Dr derby

Thank you for your question and the photo. it is important to talk this over with your surgeon , maybe there is a treatment or cream he/she can recommend to improve the condition of the scar. Best of luck 

Belly Button color

Often times, the color inside the existing belly button is darker than the outside skin and once more easily visible can be quite noticeable. In addition, you appear to have some widening and darkening of the scar around it. There are a number of modalities that may or may not help. Ask your surgeon or an experienced dermatologist for advice on your options after they have examined you.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Dark

Early tanning a fresh scar can darken the scar. I would suggest using bleaching creams and consider even some Micropen treatments. Your surgeon can help guide you to what would be helpful.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Belly button appearance

Thanks for your question. My suggestion would be to follow-up with your operating surgeon. There may be a need for a small scar revision based on your photos, which could just be done under local anaesthetic. It is unlikely that the use of any topical creams at this point would be of much benefit.

Ian MacArthur, MD, FRCSC
Ottawa Plastic Surgeon

Skin type

The belly button is a little dark but that seems mostly to be the scarring around it that is dark. Let me know if you think thats not the case. If have darker skin then your scars can remain dark for some time even over a year and sometimes the dark thicker scars can be permanent. There are ways to revise belly buttons but if the colour and shape are due to adverse scarring, then there is every chance the same will happen again. Hope that helps. Adam Goodwin