Belly button constriction. Does the area inside the belly button go down or fall out? (Photo)

6 month post op tt. I will show the progression of the belly button. It was healing but getting smaller. Had steroid shot and procedure that was supposed to help widen belly button. The last pic is from a couple weeks ago with the ps after the shot. Does the area inside the belly button go down or fall out or something? The ps says it will heal. Is the after pic seem in the spectrum of normal? It was just gauze that remained in the belly button after the steroid shots.

Belly button constriction

after tummy tuck the original belly button is detatched and brought out through a new incision and sutured to look like a new belly button,constriction is a common problem if the straight line is not broken down with split incisions ,so nothing can fall down or come off.you need another procedure to create a new  belly button as the present one is not aesthetically nice.hope i have clarified your concern.

i have one question why was there a gauze in the first pic even after 6 months post op tt pic?

India Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry to hear of your belly button healing issues. It is unfortunately very difficult to assess your course of progression since surgery based on pictures alone and I would voice your concerns to your surgeon.  They can provide you the best reassurances.

Belly button constriction. Does the area inside the belly button go down or fall out?

The pictures are very difficult to evaluate.  It is hard to determine if there is a scab over this area and where the umbilical stalk may be.  It is always best to ask these questions of your chosen surgeon as recommendations may be different.

As I previously stated ONLY in person examination can allow a potential response to see if surgical correction can help. See a few private practice boarded PSs in MIAMI.