Belly getting big after TT? (Photos)

I had a TT in April 2014 and my belly was pretty flat after. Then in October 2014 I noticed a bulge which happened to be a hernia. I had 2 surgeries to repair it. (The second one with a mesh). My belly became flat again. However over the past year, 2 things happened: I started having shortness of breast and my belly is increasingly becoming bigger. I have done all kinds of tests which ruled out heart or lung problems. I have not gained any weight, (I'm 125lbs) and I exercised regularly.

Post Tummy Tuck Options

Return to your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for urgent reassessment. Intra-abdominal pathology, weight gain or a lumbar lordosis may cause this deformity. Careful comparison with pre-operative photos is necessary.

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Getting big again

This happens perhaps 5 to 10 percent. Can be from poor strength of your tissues. But more common internal fat that pushes out your tummy. This not a surgical problem but physiological. You may not like the answer but weight loss is the solution. 

Mark Eberbach, MD

Symptoms after tummy tuck.

This is the sort of thing that will require a thorough consultation and examination with access to your full medical records and maybe even further testing. Best of luck in resolving these issues.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD