Is a BBL permanent or does it reverse after a certain amount of time?

Would I ever have to go back for a revision; if I have kids, or if I gain or lose weight?

BBL results

Thank you for your question. Usually 70% of the fat transferred will stay forever. 
Dr. Newall

Is BBL permanent?

Thank you for your question. With Brazilian butt lift we transfer fat from one area of the body to the other.  These fat cells are transferred in microinjections throughout multiple planes in the buttock tissue so that they can gain new blood supply and live in their new home, providing increased volume and shape to the buttocks.  The fat that survives is there permanently. Around 70% of fat that is grafted is typically expected to survive long term. We also put a little extra to account for loss of fat post operative, which is reabsorbed gradually by the body. If you gain or lose the fat will behave the same as in the rest of the body. That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Best is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Results of BBL

The fat that survives a fat transfer to the buttock is permanent. However if you gain or lose weight, your fat cells can increase or decrease in size. Some patients choose to add more fat in the future, but that is up to each patient's goals.
Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

It depends on what aspect of the BBL you are concerned with. If you have children or gain weight, you butt/hips and waistline will likely get bigger. Therefore, your BBL results will not look the same. As you age and gravity takes hold of your body, your buttocks will not stay tight and perky.