Based on what is the length of of the TT incision?

I'm worry about that a lot since I had my kids natural. The size the length and the shape of the final scar tissue is important to me.

So find

a surgeon who can deliver you a very low scar that you want. The length depends on how much skin laxity you have and how much needs to be removed, as we remove more in a vertical direction, we have to extend the incision in a transverse direction to inset the skin flap without dog ear and problems at the sides. Younger surgeons tend to be a little more respectful of the scar location than older surgeons. You should see at least 3 surgeons in consultation and discuss this in person with them. 

The length of the incision should be tailored to the length of the overlapping or redundant skin.

Based on what is the length of of the tummy tuck incision?

Thank you for the good question. There are many factors involved when it comes to the exact "scarring" you see on different photographs. Sometimes, there is a difference because every plastic surgeon may have a different approach to placement of incision lines and exactly how the operation is performed. On the other hand, scars may differ because of different patient body types and because patients scar differently. Again, there are many variables involved.

My best suggestion: select your plastic surgeon carefully. Make sure that he/she is a board-certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. Before/after photographs are helpful in this regard. You may also be able to meet/see/talk to previous patients who have had surgery with your plastic surgeon. Then, communicate your concerns/personal goals carefully as well. 

I find that marking patients the day before surgery, as much as possible, with the help of the patient's planned swimming suit or undergarment, helps when it comes to placement of incisions…

You may find the attached link, dedicated to tummy tuck surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more.  Best wishes.

Incision length & tummy tuck

The length of your incision is going to depend on both the amount of skin being removed as well as skin laxity. My best advice would be for you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to be assessed in person and discuss.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Incision Length

In a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty), the length of the scar depends on the amount of skin to be removed and skin laxity (looseness). Seek in-person consultations with local Board Certified plastic surgeons, and ask to see their before and after pictures of patients with similar before skin tissue and laxity concerns as you. Ask them to also show you where they would place the incision for your surgery. Best wishes.

Karen Singer, MD

That depends on how much skin needs to be removed. The more skin that needs removing, the longer the scar. Having a shorter scar that leaves excess skin laterally from the incision is not a great look

Julio Garcia, MD

Length of TT scar

It depends on the amount of excess skin present.  Usually a few cm beyond the anterior superior iliac spine is the usual length.  

The determination of the placement and length of the Full TT incision is dependent upon the amount of tissue to be removed and any excess skin laterally. The location of the incision should be just inside of the pubic hairline and follow a skin crease/fold laterally til there is no excess 'pinch test' skin (this avoids the dog ear deformity). Best t have your chosen PS draw the planned incision on you in a pre operate list  to give you an idea of location. Since you did not post any photos very hard via the RS internet to advise..