Can a bandage and tape be removed 10 days Post Rhinoplasty to return to work? (photo)

Today I am 7 days post op and had the cast removed. The doctor left the bandage and tape. He told me I need to leave it on another 7 days til 15 days post op. I'm He seemed pretty firm about that. But I am flying back home on Day 10. I must return to work on Day 11 but can not with bandages on face. I would really love to just look normal upon my return. I understand my own PS instructions are most important. But looking for other opinions on whether or not I can remove these things on Day 10.

No over the internet MD responding expert would recommend you NOT follow your chosen doctor's advise and postop regime, though it does sound rather long. Best to see your surgeon in person again!

Bandages and Nasal Tape Questions Post Rhinoplasty

You need to follow your surgeons instructions regarding your bandages and the time for removal based on his protocol. Perhaps you could speak with him again about your particular travel plans and ask for permission to have the PS remove the tape sooner. You are correct however in thinking that other practices may have different recommendations. In my practice, I usually remove the nasal splint in 5-6 days and then re-tape for an additional 3-4 days, so most of my patients have nothing on the nose after 8-10 days. Nevertheless, I would specifically follow your doctors instructions to the letter and not remove your tape unless given approval. Hope this helps. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

7 days post op

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with only seven days after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Discuss it with your doc

Your situation may have not been readily apparent during your discussion.  I suggest you call his office and explain to them about going back to the office.  I'm sure they have their reasons for leaving tape for another few days, and you will be hard pressed to find someone who did not do your surgery telling you to NOT listen to your PS's advice! The best thing to do is communicate and reach a common ground.  Best of luck!

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Call your surgeon

Your surgeon likely wants you to keep your nose taped to help reduce swelling.  Its important to let your surgeon know if you are going to deviate from any instructions given.  That way, both you and the surgeon are on the same page.  Wish you an amazing recovery and result!

Babar Sultan, MD
Towson Facial Plastic Surgeon