Bad result from primary Rhinoplasty leaving me less attractive. How can my nose be restored? s/p 2 years and 2 months

No nasal tip support. I had primary rhinoplasty for subtle smaller nose. My nose had a nice projection,tip support, less round tip. Now shorter, profile less straight,bulbous tip (looks like a ball on top), tipless(tip appears pushed in & it doesn't look natural to me, and asymmetrical. Post op I have mild blockage alternating both sides and was told hypertrophic turbinates. I want my nose restored bdc with a projected tip and tip to rotate back down with a triangular dip when I smile previously

Updated: Looking to restore aesthetics and function of nose after 2 yr resulting from a bad primary rhinoplasty? (photos)

Revision rhinoplasty

You'll need a revision rhinoplasty to restore the nasal skeleton lost due to over resection of nasal cartilages and the septal cartilage; yours is a challengin case, do find a good revision rhinoplasty surgeon.

Spain Plastic Surgeon

Ethnic - African American Rhinoplasty

Hi,I believe the reason your nose looks foreshortened is because too much dorsum (bridge) was resected. The bulbous nature of your skin is probably due to scar tissue and poor tip cartilage shaping.You can improve this with a revision rhinoplasty, just make sure you find a surgeon that has a lot of experience with ethnic and African American noses.Best,Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Poor rhinoplasty outcome

Unfortunately, pictures usually are not adequate enough for a surgeon to fully asses a nose.  I recommend seeing a rhinoplasty expert that has experience with revision rhinoplasty.  In cases like these, large amounts of cartilage will be necessary; and this cartilage will likely need to be obtained from either the ear or rib.  A tip graft and possibly extended spreader grafts will be necessary to correct the overrotation of the nasal tip.  

Clyde Mathison, MD
Knoxville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty for underprojected and overrotated tip

I suggest you see a revision rhinoplasty specialist for a consultation as the pictures are not sufficient to assess your nose adequately. You should make sure that the surgeon you see has experience with revision rhinoplasty and utilizes cartilage grafting techniques with septum, ear, or rib cartilage if needed. Please be aware that in revision rhinoplasty, there is frequently not enough septal cartilage available any more due to the prior surgery to stabilize the nose and nasal tip. Without adequate structural support such as cartilage grafts, I do not think that your nasal tip can be projected and counterrotated in a long lasting and meaningful way. Good luck!

Thomas J. Walker, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Secondary surgery on in ethnic nose post rhinoplasty.

It's really impossible to comment on your situation. A review the operative note would be necessary to determine what was done in the first place. There appears to be poor tip support in very poor tip definition. This might require tip grafting or even prosthetic material. In any event the operation will be harder than the primary rhinoplasty.

Bad Result from a Rhinoplasty

There are many important questions that any rhinoplasty surgeon would have, including the type or rhinoplasty, the timing of when it was performed, and physical or photographic evidence of the way your nose appears today.  I would recommend discussing your concerns with your surgeon.  If you do not wish to proceed with your original surgeon, then seek out a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon that can accurately assess your nose, create a "simulation" of what your nose could look like after surgery, and formulate a plan tailored to your wishes.  The old operative reports would be a necessary component of this as well.  Good luck!

Bad result from primary rhinoplasty leaving me less attractive. How can my nose be restored? I'm of ethnic background

ONLY IN PERSON examinations and decisions are appropriate in this case. Best to seek paid opinions to obtain a truthful understanding.. 

Unhappy with rhinoplasty result

It would be helpful to know how long ago your rhinoplasty was. I would recommend returning to your original rhinoplasty surgeon to have your nose evaluated and share your concerns with them. If you feel like your concerns are not being addressed or uncomfortable with their plan, a second opinion is always a great option. Make sure that you schedule a second opinion consultation with a revision rhinoplasty specialist. Good luck. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon