Had BA three days ago on Saturday October 17. Is the discharge and bruising something to be worried about? (photos)

Bruising post op

This can occur but it is always best to see your surgeon.the blistering is probably due to the tape.Putting ice on your breasts will lessen the swelling.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation three days ago and have discharge and bruising

Thank you for posting the picture. Most likely the blisters are caused from the surgical tape. Bruising isn't uncommon so soon after surgery. I suggest you schedule an in-person exam with your plastic surgeon. Best wishes.  

Karen Singer, MD

3 days post op. Some advices:

Thanks for the question.

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
For your particular case I also suggest to talk with your plastic surgeon and follow his advices too.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Post-augmentation problems

The amount of bruising is not necessarily unusual, but the picture doesn't allow evaluation of how much swelling is present on this side, compared to the other side. The blister is probably indicative of swelling and the tape strip has pulled on the skin, creating tension on the skin surface.

You need to see your surgeon for an in-person evaluation.

Ronald J. Johnson, MD, FACS
Germantown Plastic Surgeon

Is the discharge and bruising something to be worried about?

Thank you for posting a photo along with your question. It is very helpful, but there is no substitute for an in person examination.
Bruising is very normal after surgery. The discharge can happen in some cases but it should be seen by your plastic surgeon in order to make sure its not anything serios.
Please seek the orientation of your operating plastic surgeon.

Dr. Miguel Mota Cabral

Miguel Mota, MD

Post Op ?

Healing after plastic surgery is a process and the earlier parts are the most challenging. Best is to discuss specifically with the operating surgeon so that he /she can take a look.

Drainage after breast augmentation

Since you are very early in your post operative period, please contact your plastic surgeon for an appointment so that they can adequately assess and advise you.

Antonio Gayoso, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Had BA three days ago on Saturday October 17. Is the discharge and bruising something to be worried about?

Why NOT see & call your surgeon??? Very unusual to have surgery on Saturday, also ??????????............

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Breast Augmentation Recovery

Although bruising is to be expected so soon after surgery and some discharge isn't uncommon, it looks as you might have some blisters. Probably from the surgical tape. I would suggest that you go in to see your surgeon to discuss. Hope this helps.