ATX-101 vs Double Chin Liposuction?

The only benefit that I see from getting ATX-101, is not wearing that ridiculous garment for 7 days, and being able to keep it a secret. I read that the cost can be around $500 per injection, and you need at least 3 to 4 treatments. In this case, the cost ends up being very close if not the same as getting liposuction. I seriously doubt the results are going to be anywhere near close to lipo, and for that price, might as well just get the lipo, only benefit is that, there is no garment.

ATX-101 vs double chin liposuction

Liposculpture can provide a more significant improvement, and requires only one treatment. Also liposculpture of the double chin area can be done under local anesthesia, so my patients can drive themselves home after the treatment. I have my patients were the chin strap for 3-4 days. As a study site for Kybella, we have a lot of experience with this product. Most patients will require more than one treatment are there may be significant swelling after the treatment. The choice depends on your expectations and desires.

San Diego Dermatologist

Submental fullness

Have to admit-  while one of my close friends is one of the primary investigators of ATX-101, I personally have no experience yet but likely will soon.
I really love submental liposuction-  it has been a highly effective technique in the majority of patients for over 20 years, and it allows for sculpting of other areas of concern.  It takes less than one hour to perform and is easily done under local anesthesia if desired.
For now liposculpting will continue to be my approach of choice.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Lipo - to Suck or not to Suck, That is the Question

With ATX-101 coming soon a lot of people will be thinking about having injections to get rid of their double chin as opposed to having liposuction. While getting an injection is definitely easier than going through surgery, it is not without its problems and limitations. ATX-101 causes swelling and pain in many cases. The results are frequently good but somewhat unpredictable. Having liposuction is a little bigger process, but the results are often more significant. Since you only need one lipo procedure and (likely) a few ATX-101 injections I would say that lipo is a faster process and possibly easier to go through for that reason. In the end, if you absolutely, positively, under no circumstances, never ever ever want surgery ATX-101 is a good option for a double chin. If you would consider lipo, you'll probably have a more advanced result and possibly be happier having the fat sucked out. And if you have loose skin in the neck you might want to think about ThermiTight which is a new radio frequency treatment that can tighten your skin at the same time. I hope this info helps!

Adam Rubinstein, MD

Agree

For the recovery time, need for multiple procedures, and cost, you are better of with submental liposuction.  This can be done in the office under local and you are done with an excellent result in 2 weeks.  

Kybella : An Option for Double Chin Treatments

KYBELLA®is the first FDA approved non-surgical treatment for improving the appearance of moderate to severe submental fullness, commonly referred to as double chin.  KYBELLA®is a non-human and non-animal formulation of deoxycholic acid, a naturally-occurring molecule in the body.  
Like many non-surgical aestheticservices, this can be a perfect option to Liposuction

#Kybelladestroysfat   #doublechintreatments  #Kybellafattreatments

Kybella Injections for Double Chin Treatments

. KYBELLA is administered by a trained provider who injects the product under a patient's chin to destroy fat cells, improving the appearance of the patient's chin area. Up to six treatments may be administered per patient no less than one month apart, and each in-office treatment session lasts approximately twenty minutes.
The results are permanent and the recovery is simple

#kybellasolutions   #doublechintreatments   #nonsurgicaltreatments

Kybella versus chin liposuction

Thanks for the question.  Both Kybella and liposuction are great procedures that deliver great results when performed properly.  For the patient who has isolated fat deposits beneath the chin and doesn't want to have a more invasive procedure, then Kybella is an excellent option.  However, Kybella is not able to treat all the areas of the neck that liposuction can address.  Both procedures have benefits and risks.  Having a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who has been trained in Kybella will help you decide which option is best for you.  

Kybella versus Liposuction

One of the key advantages of Kybella is that it is permanent without the need for surgery.  Most of my patients prefer to have a simple injection and return to their daily activities as opposed to a surgical procedure with days of down-time.  I have had great success with Kybella with minimal swelling and bruising.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Kybella vs Liposuction

Kybella is comparable to liposuction alone as it is offered as the non-surgical alternative to reducing submental fat.  Liposuction versus Kybella will be mostly based on if you are candidate and your personal preferences.  For some who would like to have one procedure to get rid of their submental fat through a small incision, liposuction would definitely be a better choice.  

Grant Stevens, MD

Kybella vs liposuction

I would recommend that you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who can discuss your options with you.  Liposuction is definitely more invasive, however, you will only have a single recovery.  Kybella is a pretty straight forward office based procedure, and is fairly well tolerated.  Your surgeon would be able to give your specific trade-offs based on your physical exam and goals.