When can I get an areola reduction? (photos)

Hi, I had a Benelli lift with 600cc's saline under the muscle breast augmentation 5 weeks ago. I know that I still have a couple of more moths for my final results but I do not like the SIZE of my areolas so far and from what I have read here they will not change much in size when I am fully recovered. I would like to know how soon can I get a areola reduction?

Areola reduction timing

It looks like you will benefit from a traditional breast lift operation.  While you could do it now, it is probably best to wait at least three months for most of the swelling to subside.  The limited incision Benelli lift has the major disadvantage of causing enlarged areolas, especially if it is performed along with larger breast implants.

Areolar reduction after 600 cc implants

Thank you for asking about your areolar reduction.
  • You should wait 6 months before having an areolar reduction.
  • Your areolae probably widened, despite the Benelli lift, becuase of the size of your implants.
  • If your tissues aren't look enough, reducing the areolae again risks either a wide scar or the areolae widening a second time.
  • Be sure to discuss this in detail with your surgeon before having a revision.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

When can I get an areola reduction?

There are no absolute rules when it comes to timing of revisionary surgery; your plastic surgeon will be able to evaluate concerns such as breast skin elasticity...to help determine the best time to proceed. It will be important to discuss the surgical plan; what can be done to prevent repeat spreading of the areola? Best wishes.