How many areas can be liposuctioned at once?

Am thinking arms, inner thighs, back and tummy. Is that to much?

The number of areas to be liposuctioned at one time

As Dr. Blinski has already mentioned, the state law is based on the amount of fat removed.. However, there is also the time under anesthesia to be considered. It takes time to turn a patient for different areas. The more areas equals longer surgical time. More time under surgery can lead to greater possible complications. Consult in person with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

#of areas liposuction end in 1 operation

You are confused. In Florida it is not the # of areas but the amount if duoermatant far removed that has a limit. It is 4 liters only by rule of Florida board of medicine. So if you have 10 areas but less than 4 liters to be removed than that is acceptable. 

Smart Liposculpting

In my opinion that's too much to do at one time. It usually limits the amount that will be removed bc too many areas are being addressed. I typically focus on the entire abdomen, flanks, love handles, and lower back in one setting and then come back to address the arms and thighs. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Liposuction

The number of areas is not as important as the amount of fat liposuctioned. No more than 5 liters should be removed at one time.  When a patient has more than 5 liters removed at once they should be monitored closely in a hospital setting.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

How many areas can be liposuctioned

It is not typically about the number of areas as it is the volume removed. Once you cross over 4 liters you are heading into potential problems certainly over 5 liters is a bad idea. Also if you need that volume of liposuction than you should be at the gym and restricting your calories to get closer to your target weight. 

Liposuction Areas

Hello dear, thanks for the question, you can have liposuction in abdomen, waist, upper and lower back, inner tighs, arms at once if your hemoglobin levels are higher than 12.8

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Number of areas to perform lipo

Thanks for your question. Based on the question that you ask, you can have Liposuction on several areas at least 5, but will depend of your body conturing, however pictures are very important for an professional evaluation.

Look into a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Walkiris Robles, MD

How many areas of liposuction at one time

Thank you for your question about your liposuction.

• A very good question -
  • The answer is as many as can be done before reaching the safe limit of 5 L. of fat.
  • If you are a normal weight or slim, it is possible all those areas might be treated.
  • If you are overweight, you will probably need two separate procedures.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes

How many areas of #liposuction can be done at once?

That's a great question and I have many patients ask it often! The number of areas is less important than the amount of fat that is removed during any given operation. We measure the fat removed in liters and generally speaking the maximum amount of fat that can be removed during an outpatient liposuction procedure (at least in the state of Florida where I practice) is 4 liters. These are actual legislative restrictions to which we must adhere and were put in place for patient safety purposes. Any more than that must be done in a hospital with at least one overnight stay.  When I am consulting with patients I typically ask them to indicate which areas they want treated and to prioritize them. I will take out the max amount of fat I can legally or the amount needed to reach the patients goals up to 4L during the one operation. If there are areas leftover that aren't treated, a 2nd procedure may be needed and depending on the amount of fat remaining, patient anxiety, etc this can sometimes be done under local anesthesia without the need for a general anesthetic.  Please be sure to consult with board certified plastic surgeons for best recommendations!  Good luck.

Megan Jack, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Liposuctioning Multiple Areas

The primary concern when it comes to liposuction is not the number of areas, but the volume of fat removed. Most surgeons will remove up to 4 L or 5 L of fat in one procedure, as any volume above this is considered unsafe. I recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person consultation to determine how much fat the surgeon is willing to remove, and where the surgeon will prioritize removal.

Traci Temmen, MD

Traci Temmen, MD